X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewM
    • Oct 2000

The quandry....

Ok, so I'm about to start my next project. My original plans of building a super sized full range setup are now gone. I managed to buy a full Aria 7 TLR setup (drivers and x-overs) for a VERY discounted price (a little less than a regular Aria 7 setuo) and all the pieces are like new.

But I think I want to add a woofer to the whole setup (I like asking for trouble). So I've been looking around at woofers that will keep up with a TLR and dual 7k4411 setup (that combo comes out to around 95db sensitivity). My main concern isn't getting into those sub-hearing areas, but getting into the mid 20's would be nice. But I haven't found any woofers that do everything I want and have that kind of sensitivity (other than pro-sound, but they don't go low enough).

So would it be a good idea to pad down the mids and tweeter a couple DB, if I can get it down to 93-92db I have a few choices from Stryke, Focal, etc. But I don't want to sacrifice sound quality to do it. So would adding L-pads in the tweeter and mids give me big problems?

Thanks
    Andrew
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Andrew

I wouldn't worry about adding a woofer. The drivers will play low enough that you can easily transition to a good sub.

If you want the look of a big system use stereo subs set the MTM's on top. Use something like a Marchand XM-9 active XO if you need more flexibility than that offered by a standard pre/pro

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"