X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Oct 2002

Speaker Cables and Interconnects

Hi all. I have been reading the Club Rotel area for a while now and thought it was high time i got off my butt and joined in.

I see people have been posting about the power amps they use with their 1066's. What i would love to know is what sort of speaker cables and interconnects are people using with their amps and speakers. The reason i am asking this is because my 1066 is due in any day now and my klipsch RF-7 hopefully won't be far behind. Sooooo i will soon be in the market for some cables.

I would especially love to hear from anyway with klipsch speakers but at the same time love to expand my knowledge with other peoples experiences.

I'm told Here in Australia we have the most pure copper in the world and therefore GOOD quality copper cable is cheap. I also hear that silver is great for highs but i suspect this may be to "in your face" for horns (though not sure).

I'd love to hear your experiences and what your using. A rough price or link might also come in handy.

Thanks all.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Personally I use a 12 guage in wall approved speaker cable that Home Depot sells. Its pretty cheap and is in wall approved which is important to me since all my side and rear speakers wires have to run through the walls. For IC's I use a variety of styles depending on how critical the component is. For example for the VCR simple copper IC's from Radio shack are more then adequate but for the pre amp to amp runs I try to use silver cables where possible. I'm not sure how silver would sound with your horns but I'd suggest finding a dealer that will let you bring a pair home to try. If you like them one of the forums sponsors (catcables) makes some very nice models are a reasonable price (they're what I use)

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

I too use 12 guague speaker wire from Home Depot! And to connect my amps to my 1066 I use Quantum Supernova's. They sound great!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"