X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

How is your CD player connected

What is the best way to connect the CD player to the pre-amp/receiver? What do you use: analog or digital connection?

Which means, what DAC's does the 1065/1055/1066 use for digital-analog conversion and how many DAC's are used?
  • Bill Blank
    • Sep 2002

My Rega Planet 2000 is connected via coaxial and analog connections. I use the digital connection to record to MD or CD. For music listening I prefer the sound of the Rega's DACs. The review in the Sept/Oct issue of The Perfect Vision lists what DACs are used in the 1066, I can't recall off-hand but the review is available as a PDF on Rotel's website.

Cheers!
    Bill

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Rega Planet 2000
    Denon DVD-2900
    Mitsubishi WS-55411
    Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
    Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
    Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
    Velodyne CT-120

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

My jukebox is connected optically and the Sony 7700 has both coax and analog connections for DVD and CD playback. I haven't decided yet which DAC I prefer since they're pretty similar.

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

RSP 1066 uses...

Surround material: Crystal Semiconductor's DSP CS49326

Digital conversion: Asahi Kasei 24-bit/96kHz DAC & 20-bit/64x oversampling ADC

Hope that helps!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by efarstad
          RSP 1066 uses...

Surround material: Crystal Semiconductor's DSP CS49326

Digital conversion: Asahi Kasei 24-bit/96kHz DAC & 20-bit/64x oversampling ADC
          Did some checking. Both the RSX-1055, RSP-1066 and the RSX-1065 uses the CS49326 DSP, the AK 4324 24bit/96kHz 2ch DAC (I guess five of them) and AK 5351 dual bit 20 bit/48kHz ADC.

Strangely the Asahi Kasei website has no information on the AK 4324 DAC.

By the way, these AK DAC's and ADC's where also used in the RSP-976 and the RSX-972.

But would this mean that using the Rotel RCD-990 (which has dual Burr Brown PCM63K mono 20 bit dac's) it's better to connect digital?

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Coax and analog here too.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• hanser
              • May 2002

In my opinion and experience the D/A converter is not that important. The quality of the analogue stages after the DAC plays a big role. I have my NAD 514 CD player (analogue stages modified) connected via analogue since it sounds better, although it only has a 18 bit DAC. Which should not be that surprising since CD has only 16 bit anyway.
              I am not saying the conversion in the Rotel is bad, it sounds just a bit harsher and less smooth than the NAD.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"