X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris3G
    • Sep 2002

quick 1066 bass management question

hopefully someone with a 1066 (or 1055) can answer this for me, as i'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

If the front speakers are set to LARGE, the center and surrounds set to SMALL, and the sub ON, is the bass below the crossover point sent to both the LARGE front speakers and the sub, or the sub only? If it is sent to both, how is it decided what goes where? And what happens if the sub is set to MAX? Does the sub then receive both the redirected bass from the small speakers plus the bass from the large speakers PLUS the bass that was redirected from the small speakers to the large speakers? That would be like double-double bass Or am i just really confused ??
  • Dre J
    • Aug 2002

Read the link in the Bass management report. It has all the modes and how the crossover functions.

My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

• Chris3G
      • Sep 2002

maybe i'm reading wrong, but i don't see this scenario in the report. Front's set to Large, other speakers small, sub ON. WHere does the bass from the small speakers go? Sub, Large fronts, or both?

Comment

• Dre J
        • Aug 2002

Answers derived from the reports, posts in the bass management report thread, and testing.

There is no "ON" setting for the sub. I will assume you mean "YES".

Based on your settings above:"Front's set to Large, other speakers small, sub ON (you mean "YES" correct?). Where does the bass from the small speakers go? Sub, Large fronts, or both?"

For DTS,DD bass goes to the SUB output. except mains get all bass in main channels because you have it set for Large and Sub is yes instead of MAX. (if subwoofer is set to "MAX", It would be the same PLUS the Subwoofer would get Bass from the mains below the crossover frequency while the mains get full range signal. This is what MAX is suppose to do "double bass".

For LPCM 2-channel stereo, Bass goes to the Mains(Large) and the SUB (Double Bass) because Yes/Max is broke for LPCM with Large Mains

For 2-channel analog stereo, Bass goes to Mains (Large OR SMALL) and to SUB

For 6.1 multi-channel analog, All channels are full range regardless of settings AND all bass below 100 Hz ALSO goes to the sub. the 6.1 multi-channel analog input is stuck at all speakers "LARGE," subwoofer "MAX," and crossover 100 Hz based on my characterizations and tests.

Dre

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"