• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raf
    • Jun 2002

Rotel 1066 Problems

Hi All,

I set my Rotel today and have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to view one input and listen to another? say I'm watching a DVD and want to switch to listen to the tuner for a minute but continue to watch the DVD can I do that? on my brothers Sony E9000ES it has an Audio Split function where you can watch one video source and listen to any audio source, I would like to be able to do that with the Rotel.

2. When I'm watching my cable connected to video in 2 I don't get any audio out on video out 2 but I do out of video out 1 & 3 or when watching my satelite connected to video 3 I don't get any audio out on video out 3 but I do out of video out 1 & 2. Is this normal?

TIA
    Raf
  • mml7
    • Jun 2002

Hi Richard,

Originally posted by raf
    1. Is it possible to view one input and listen to another? say I'm watching a DVD and want to switch to listen to the tuner for a minute but continue to watch the DVD can I do that? on my brothers Sony E9000ES it has an Audio Split function where you can watch one video source and listen to any audio source, I would like to be able to do that with the Rotel.
    hmm, good question. I don't use my 1066 for any type of video switching as my TV has 2 component inputs (5 overall). In this setup, I can watch any video signal with any audio source. When using the Rotel to switch video sources, I'm pretty sure that the answer to your question is "no".

Originally posted by raf
    2. When I'm watching my cable connected to video in 2 I don't get any audio out on video out 2 but I do out of video out 1 & 3 or when watching my satelite connected to video 3 I don't get any audio out on video out 3 but I do out of video out 1 & 2. Is this normal?
    I believe that the Video 2 input defaults to "Coaxial 2" digital input. If you're not connecting your cable to the digital inputs, try changing the input selection. I may not be understanding your question, though...

mike

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

The way I see it, it comes down to whether the Rotel allows any video input to be configured with any audio input including digital. Lexicon allows this, by configuring or reconfiguring things like CD, TV, DVD, etc... So, basically, if I am listining to CD, I simply go into the menu and set the video for this channel to some other device value like TV In.

I can even totally reconfigure a button so that it uses audio input from some other button selection and video from yet another, thus creating an entirely new input. All preset selections have audio and video values, so really, you have the capability to configure all inputs for video devices and then be able to rename them.

I don't know enough about the Rotel to know if it has anything like that feature.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• mml7
        • Jun 2002

The Rotel does allow one to reassign any given Video input to one of the following: Coaxial 1-3, Optical 1-2, Analog. The analog connection must be the matching ones that the video source is connected to, however. (i.e. you can not assign the audio input to, say, "Analog Video3" when you're watching "Video 1").

mike

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

In regards to your first question, can you switch to a different (audio) source while keeping the video source the same, most receivers/pre-pros I've seen let you do this from the remote. If you select Video 2 for example, then select Tuner, you'll get Tuner for the audio but the video will stay on Video 2. The video source only changes if you select a different video input, e.g. video 1.

Note that you need discrete input selection, if you use a toggle you'll probably wind up changing the video source.

I don't have a Rotel so I don't even know if it works that way on it, but I've had a Sony, Yamaha, and now Outlaw receiver and they've all worked this way. Give it a try.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
          My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"