X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe M
    • Jun 2002

1066 Owners

1066 owners,

A couple of ?'s if you guys don't mind....

1. Is there anyway to switch DTS NEO modes from the remote? In the manual it states to use the filter button however this is not working for me.
    2. I can't decide on a 60 or 80 hz crossover for movies. I have it set at 60 for music and it seems to be a perfect blend(I love the fact you can save different settings for different inputs). My fronts are rated down to 44hz, my surrounds and center to 58hz. I'm a little worried that at a 60 hz crossover a putting a little to much stress on my rears and center during bass heavy scenes.
    3. What are your opinions on the 1066 surond modes (especiallyProLogic 2 and DTS Neo)??? I have to admit one mode that I didn't think I would use much that I have really enjoyed is 5 channel stereo. h:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Joe I honestly haven't spent enough time with the DSP modes yet to answer the DTS:NEO quesion...I'm not sure if you can or not.

For movies I highly doubt you'll notice much differnence b.t 60 or 80 but I'd play it safe and go with 80 since they usually recomend at least one octave above the F3 point of the speakers so with your rears at 60 hz an 80 Hz crossover would be ideal...plus this is low enough to get around localization issues anyway so I don't see it as been a problem at all

For the surround modes I have mine currently set to PLII for the VCR but having read that a lot prefer DTS:NEO I'm going to spend more time listening to that one before I coment to much more. I had 5 channel stereo on my Denon but never used it to tell the truth.

Comment

• Joe M
      • Jun 2002

Andrew,

Thanks for your quick response (as usual). I have not had to much exp. with DTS Neo either. (Anyone else with thoughts on this)? I think you are probably right about setting the x at 80, better to be safe then sorry. I must admit, the more I listen to music/ watch movies the happier I am with my 1066

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• JohnSC
          • Jun 2002

Does DTS:Neo 6 on the 1066 demand a centre back channel? I have avoided using it because I do not have one. If you don't have one, does it get redirected to the surround L and R channels?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The Rotel will use as many channels as you own so if you set up the Rotel with 5 speakers that's all it will use. If you have 6 or 7 its internal XS processing will step up and try to ballance out all the speakers using which ever surround mode you currently have engaged....unless its 2 channel stereo of course. So to answer your question DTS NEO doesn't demand that you have a surround back speaker but it will use it if you have one.

Comment

• JKohn
              • Jun 2002

1. Is there anyway to switch DTS NEO modes from the remote? In the manual it states to use the filter button however this is not working for me.
              Once you're in DTS:Neo, the left/right arrow keys toggle between Cinema and Music.

Jeff Kohn
              Jeff Kohn
              http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

hmm I didn't know about the arrow keys switching DTS modes! Thanks

Comment

• JKohn
                  • Jun 2002

For any given sound format that has multiple modes, the left/right arrow will cycle you through the different modes. IE Prologic2 has Music->Cinema->Emulation, DTS:Neo has Music->Cinema, Dolby Digital 5.1 has EX->XS, etc. This is more convenient than pressing the SURR button, becuase that cycles through ALL options as opposed to option just withing the current sound format.

Jeff Kohn
                  Jeff Kohn

Comment

• Harl
                    • Jul 2002

Hi all!
                    Another proud 1066 owner.
                    Does anyone know what the "emulation" mode is supposed to create??

Thanks!

Comment

• efarstad
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jun 2001

Hey Harl!

The emulation mode, as I understand it, would be bested used if you have a "mono" signal which may be found on some older material like video tapes, etc.

Hope that helps! The manual actually explains it a bit and can be found at Rotels or our buddies here, Andrew's website!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                      E-Cinema

Comment

• JKohn
                        • Jun 2002

Emulation is the old Dolby Prologic processing, as opposed to Prologic-2. I don't know if it would actually be any different for mono, since I would think both PL and PL2 would put mono material into the center. I can't really think of any other good reasons for using Prologic when PL2 is so much better.

Jeff Kohn
                        Jeff Kohn

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"