X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Santos
    • Mar 2001

B&K setup software

I was at my Favorite HT store today, and left with B&K Suite.
    B&K's setup software for setting up it's components using a PC.
    I had known about the software since I bought My Ref 30, but kept forgetting to ask about it when I was at the store.
    Today I remembered, and was happily surprised when they pulled a cd out of a draw, and gave it to me.

I installed it, and it looks pretty usefull.
    I had origianally thought it was for the Ref 30 , avr 305, ,and 307 alone. upon installation I found it also is to be used with the Reference 10, 20, the AVR 101, and 202, and thier PT 3 preamp.

Now the Ref 30 is easy enough to program using the onscreen display on your TV, ,but I thought this would be fun to try.

My Ref 30 is currently out of the rack in it's box due to some home renovations. Hopefully in the coming days I can find a bit of time to hook it up to the computer, and give this program a try out.

I will be sure to give my impressions after I get familiar with the program.

Bob
  • MannyE
    • Dec 2000

Hey Bob,

Let me know how you cobbled up the connector....there are instructions in the readme...I think. I'm going to give it a try this weekend if I can.

http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/scripts/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=23441&ck=&userid=16579 006&userpw=ytxCz9&uh=16579006,2,Manuel&uzip=33140& ver=3.0
    http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/scripts/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=23441&ck=&userid=16579 006&userpw=ytxCz9&uh=16579006,2,Manuel&uzip=33140& ver=3.0

Comment

• AndrewM
      • Oct 2000

Anybody know what this software does above and beyond what is available in the OSD? I downloaded the software from someplace, but I never got around to installing it.

Andrew

Comment

• PMazz
        • May 2001

The software is great!
        It's much easier to program all the settings with it. First of all, there is much more information on screen at once. Presets, favorites etc, are a breeze to set/adjust this way. Best of all you can save different setups to a file and tweak to your hearts content, knowing you can restore the "good settings" at will. It also has a Virtual Front Panel, which looks identical to the ...front panel! I can sit at my PC in the loft and control my 307 if I want to play some tunes. Also, with my ETF software (room analysis), I can tweak settings while seeing an almost instantaneous graph of the changes.
        Well worth the minor connection crap you have to do. Rat Shak has the parts.

Pete
        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"