X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

John Carter

Just went to this today. I liked it thought it was entertaining and look forward to the blu-ray release. Lynn Collins is smoking hot in it.
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Much to my surprise this is based on a book by Edgar Rice Burroughs that's 100 years old. I knew it was based on a book but the age of the book was surprising to me. I just checked amazon and I can get the kindle edition on my smart phone for free. There is also quite a few books in the series. So hopefully this may be a budding franchise.
    Its also curious to me that it has taken 100 years to make this movie considering all the "Tarzan" movies that have been made over the years.

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

It was aweful. Nothing original, and when he turned blue :M
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• M.Roberts8
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by june
        It was aweful. Nothing original, and when he turned blue :M
        What?

Comment

• Alloroc
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by M.Roberts8
          What?
          I really do hope that June is trying to yank chains. Otherwise....., well it's one hell of a fail.

So, the Barsoom series of books were some of the first scifi I read as a kid and that's what hooked me as a scifi nut. I really am looking forward to the movie.
          Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Alloroc
            I really do hope that June is trying to yank chains. Otherwise....., well it's one hell of a fail.

So, the Barsoom series of books were some of the first scifi I read as a kid and that's what hooked me as a scifi nut. I really am looking forward to the movie.
            I downloaded the first book since seeing the movie via my kindle app and although the wording and phrases are a bit dated the overall story is good. I'm only 6-7 chapters in but so far the liberties that they took in the film I felt were good. Do report back if you see the film I'm interested in hearing from someone who has read the books.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"