Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol (Spoiler alert first post)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol (Spoiler alert first post)

A fun action film that builds on the MI franchise. I'm pretty sure you'll see another edition.

We caught the first showing yesterday and it wasn't quite full, but the 11am start time might have been a bit early for some people. Plus last weekend before Christmas, so people were probably still shopping.

The story starts with a rescue of our hero Ethan Hunt, and then moves on to needing to break into the Kremlin and all heck breaks loose.

A small nitpick for me is the title sequence. The trailers are bad enough, but why show other clips in the movie during the sequence? :roll:

I found the pacing to be just right and a nice combination of action and adventure. The final resolution was a bit tough for me to believe, but hey, it's just a movie.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The earlier MI flicks were a stretch but enjoyable. I'll probably add this to my collection when it is released on video
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

A 95% or so rating at Rotten Tomatoes is a fair bit higher than I'd have expected. I will try to catch the IMAX version (I enjoyed The Dark Knight in IMAX) and will add it to the other three in my collection.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
        • Jan 2006

Saw this last weekend I enjoyed it quite a bit, definite buy on blu for me.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Huh... really, that good? The last one was such a stinker. I'll give this one a try on rental.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

Saw it in the theater (friend's birthday) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was fun, nonstop, great cast, and fairly compelling story. :T :T
            -Chuck

Comment

• M.Roberts8
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
              Huh... really, that good? The last one was such a stinker. I'll give this one a try on rental.
              I thought MI:3 was pretty good, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was good. MI:2 I thought was okay, awesome motorcycle chase scene though it ended kind of cheesy but that's the Woo factor.

Definitely give MI:GP a rent when its out & see what you think.

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Oh, was 2 the one by John Woo that had the oriental girl, and the scene where Cruise does a front wheelie on the motorcycle, while spinning and shooting off his pistol? I did a :roll:
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
                  Office Moderator
                  • Aug 2000

Oh, was 2 the one by John Woo that had the oriental girl, and the scene where Cruise does a front wheelie on the motorcycle, while spinning and shooting off his pistol? I did a :roll:
                  Yes, MI2 was directed by John Woo, and yes to the motorcycle scene.

As for the oriental girl, did you mean Thandie Newton?

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Ah, I suppose so. I had remembered her a bit different. I wasn't a fan of that MI installment. (not because of her, I just remember her in it)
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

I added a spoiler alert tag to title, since Paul starts off talking about movie settings and such, I didn't read since I don't like advance info on movies, don't wanna know.
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                        A small nitpick for me is the title sequence. The trailers are bad enough, but why show other clips in the movie during the sequence? :roll:

I agree about the opening titles I thought wow way to let me know whats going to happen !

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                          • Jan 2006

For me the worse part of the motorcycle chase scene was the when it ended in the flying tackle as they both jumped off the bikes midair :roll: The rest I liked and in the dvd of MI2 has some pretty cool behind the scenes on the stunts during that sequence.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"