X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fabiolnh
    • Feb 2016

New Apartment - First Sound.

Hello, there.
    Firstly, sorry for my english, as I'm from Brazil.

These days, I asked to my friend about what sound do I should buy to my new apartament. (I don't want to spend a lot, but I want to have an beautiful/excellent sound for my new apartment.

Anyway, I chose these configurations, until today:

Receiver (One): Yamaha RX-V779BL 7.2
    Ceiling (Zone 2, for another ambient inside the apartment) (Two): JBL SP6CII
    Subwoofer Yamaha or JBL (One): Yamaha YST-SW315 or JBL ES250P
    L&R Back (Two): SP6CII
    Central Sound Front (One): not defined yet
    L&R Front (Two): not defined yet

My friend indicated to me that all sound on the ceiling could be JBL and the receiver should be Yamaha, because he already had a lot of brands and he said that these ones are the best. So, I chose it.

My first doubt is about the receiver.

I know that this receiver doesn't have Atmos Technology. But, do you think that this technology would be a difference for my case? Considering that in my living room will be a 5.1 project? If I want to upgrade the receiver with another Yamaha, I would have to spend more than 30% in my country (it would be the "Yamaha RX-A850" model). Will it be worth it for my case?

I'm considering that, this receiver, that I'm willing to buy, has HDCP 2.2, which I believe that will be a "default technology" in the market for 4K.

The second doubt is: JBL SP6CII is 80W. And Yamaha RX-V779BL delivers 95W. Will it be a problem?

I appreciate all your help.

The next doubts I will write during the answers.

Thanks, and sorry for my english again.
  • TEK
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    Looks like you are good on tour way to select your equipment. I do not know mich about the products that you habe selected so not mutch I can do to help you out there.
    About your other questions. If you are going for a 5.1 solution Atmos will be of no use for you.
    When it comes to htpc2.2 and 4k support I think you arr correct. That will be the future standard.
    What display are you considering? If you are looking at 1080 displays instead of 4k you could find some really good models used now very cheap - as many of those high-end users are replacing their old high-end receivers and you grt close to givaway priced on those of previous generation.
    If you are going for a 4k display now or in near future that's a different case.

When it comes to power, it is not a problem that the receiver is rated higher than the speakers.
    What is most important is that the receiver (or any other amp) is able to drive the speakers to the required listening level without clipping as that often is bad for the speaker.
    It is also important that the speakers are able to deliver the sound pressure you are looking for. What that is depends very much on your preferred listening level as well as the size of the room.

Feel free to post pictured of your listening room (under constuction or completed) -
    everyone here lives pictures
    :-)
    -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Welcome, fabiolnh!

Please do not be worried about posting with us.....
      ....your English is very good!
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"