This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Txgrizzly
    replied
    Thanks Everyone, after some deep searching and deciding to add a little more to my budget i am going with the Marantz AV7005 to go with my Emotiva UPA-7. it should be arriving monday!!! woo hoo!!! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Txgrizzly
    replied
    thanks Guys, i will check those out as well... no major rush as the UPA-7 is not due for a while and the setup i have is working so i might just wait a little while to see if i can catch something on sale...

Leave a comment:

• Glen B
    replied
    Cambridge HT receivers are often overlooked. Also consider the model 540R v.3, on sale for $599.00 at Audio Advisor right now, down from $879.00. The same model is also available bundled with a Cambridge 640P external phono stage for the same price, for those into vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Hammie
    replied
    Originally posted by Txgrizzly
    i was wanting to stay around 600 to 700 dollars, do you have some examples of the AV processors you were talking about? i had not really thought about those...
    The two new ones are the Marantz AV-7005 ($1200-1300) and the Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 ($1700-1800).

On the used market, you can look at the Onkyo Pro 5507, Integra 9.9, Onkyo 886, etc.

They usually perform better since the power supply is not feeding the internal amps, even when using external amplification.

Leave a comment:

• Txgrizzly
    replied
    i was wanting to stay around 600 to 700 dollars, do you have some examples of the AV processors you were talking about? i had not really thought about those...

Leave a comment:

• Hammie
    replied
    The Denon and Marantz will have the same or very similar laid back sound. The Onkyo is more neutral to forward sounding.

I have not looked, but what is your budget? The new Marantz AV-7005 is being had for around $1200 from what I have read. The new Onkto is about $500 more but you get Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

I guess what were your requirements hat narrowed you down to them and why are you looking at HT receivers versus AV processors?

Leave a comment:

• Txgrizzly
    started a topic HT reciever options

HT reciever options

Hi, I have bought an UPA-7 from Emotiva and am looking for a Pre to drive it but i am not impressed with their UMC-1 so i have been looking around at other options and i have brought the list down to 3 receivers that have the options i like and would like to hear people impressions of the below 3 receivers if you have ever owned/played with them

1. Denon AVR-991 (i have a Denon now and like it but it doesn't have any pre-outs)

2. Onkyo TX-SR-707 (i have an older onkyo but its pre Audusey and doesn't have pre-outs either)

3. Marantz SR-6005 (never owned one and dont know how they sound)

i am using a PS3 for the video processing so i am not overly concerned about that part of it (so the receiver has to be able to pass the video without processing it) and i will be using the UPA-7 for the power so my main wants are the Audio room correction software and the ability of the receiver to control everything smoothly and give me the ability to tweak things to my wants.

Thanks Guys.
    Last edited by Txgrizzly; 11 February 2011, 16:58 Friday.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"