X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Holmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris D
    Great stuff, John. I enjoyed that as well. Doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that is just light "listen in the background" music, though, so I can see why it became a critical listening session for you. :T
    Glad you also enjoyed it, Chris. :T

Leave a comment:

• John Holmes
    replied
    Originally posted by wkhanna
    Evolution, I suppose?

As time rolls by, our perceptions, values and appreciations change.
    Hopefully in a positive direction.

And input changes, too. Again, hopefully in the same direction. We tend to try and surround ourselves with the things we like.

As I’ve gotten older, I find myself taking more time to evaluate new experiences. And the information I’ve accumulated as reference is expanded as a result of past experience. Time has a way of broadening one’s viewpoint. Things that once would have seemed odd and unattractive somehow become interesting and appealing.

And let’s face it. At our age, when something new is actually a pleasant surprise…….
    ….well, it is just a rare and nice thing all around.
    All, very good points, wkhanna! Thanks for your insight.

Leave a comment:

• wkhanna
    replied
    Evolution, I suppose?

As time rolls by, our perceptions, values and appreciations change.
    Hopefully in a positive direction.

And input changes, too. Again, hopefully in the same direction. We tend to try and surround ourselves with the things we like.

As I’ve gotten older, I find myself taking more time to evaluate new experiences. And the information I’ve accumulated as reference is expanded as a result of past experience. Time has a way of broadening one’s viewpoint. Things that once would have seemed odd and unattractive somehow become interesting and appealing.

And let’s face it. At our age, when something new is actually a pleasant surprise…….
    ….well, it is just a rare and nice thing all around.

Leave a comment:

• Chris D
    replied
    Great stuff, John. I enjoyed that as well. Doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that is just light "listen in the background" music, though, so I can see why it became a critical listening session for you. :T

Leave a comment:

• John Holmes
    started a topic Tony Williams (Spring)

Tony Williams (Spring)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I had to share this with anyone willing to listen. :B

I have owned this CD for many years. I bought it on on a whim and truth betold, never cared for it. The other day, I needed a little background music. A little bored with my usual fair, I put Tony Williams on for a spin.

What just happened? About two minutes into the first track (Extras), I was paying more attention to the music, than what I was reading. Before I knew it, the book was no longer of interest.

So, after a "serious" listening session, I had to ask myself, "What just happened?". How could I do a 180? I really enjoyed this album!

After some deep pondering, several reasons came to mind.

a) I am older and thus have an even broader appreciation of good music.

b) My system has evolved many times since my last listen, so I am able to to get a better sense of the music.

c) The room in which my audio equipment resides, is larger than previous rooms. Which in turn, afforded more optimal speaker placement.

d) All the above!

In any event, just had to share.

Tony Williams-Spring
    Blue Note
    CDP 7 46135 2
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"