This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wkhanna
    replied
    just returned from the Capital Audiofest, in DC two weeks ago.....

in the 1st pic, this system had $80k of cables in it....

the second pic speaks for itself... lol...

Leave a comment:

• wkhanna
    replied
    i saw that TT a few years ago when it first came out.
    the magnetic field that is used to levitate the platter is full of noise-inducing garbage.
    & with no mechanical coupling, wow & flutter are next to impossible to control.
    it is a clever idea, but from an engineering standpoint, it is also full of consequences that need mitigated to function on par with a 'conventional' mechanical design, IMHO.

for anyone looking for a decent entry-level TT, i highly recommend the U-Turn

Leave a comment:

• Hdale85
    replied
    Well...lets not get into that discussion lol. It never leads to good places haha!

Leave a comment:

• technodanvan
    replied
    Looks pretty cool. Would like to have a nice turntable someday, but my pathetic collection of records makes it kind of hard to justify anywhere near that price. Also, kind of hard to get a real impression from that particular review given the guys fondness for his special cables - I can't imagine the included cords on a $2900 unit are THAT bad.

Leave a comment:

• Hdale85
    replied
    Yeah, I wish it wasn't 3 grand Been thinking about getting a TT and that one would be sweet but thats about 2 grand outside of any budget I could pass by the wife....lol

Leave a comment:

• Ovation
    replied
    I had a feeling, before clicking the link, it would be about a mag-lev turntable. Interesting blend of "future-tech" with "retro-analogue".

Leave a comment:

• Hdale85
    started a topic Interesting TT

Interesting TT

I once had plans to try and build something like this but never really got to it lol.

Last edited by Hdale85; 20 October 2018, 01:47 Saturday.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"