X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin P
    replied
    Originally posted by wkhanna
    i recommend using high-quality micro-fiber towels, that kind the car guys use on those super cars....
    i actually use this stuff, too....
    It's funny how I can revisit a thread months later and catch something I missed before...

I got a good chuckle out of the thought of detailing a turntable. :lol:

My turntable has sat unused for a few months as well...just checked it, and the dust cover is dusty but the plinth isn't as bad... maybe my last cleaning reduced the static somewhat... but then we've had nothing but rain for the past 3 months, maybe that's keeping the static down as well.

Leave a comment:

• wkhanna
    replied
    sometimes you just cant overcome mother nature......:huh:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin P
    replied
    No anti-static cleaner recommendations?

I don't use mine that much either, so it sits collecting dust, even with the dust cover on. Turns out there's rubber bumpers on the dust cover that leave a tiny gap that lets air (and dust) in. And since the dust cover and plinth are basically made out of static electricity that's been condensed into a plastic-like material, it attracts dust like a magnet.

Leave a comment:

• Lex
    replied
    I try and cover my odd table, which really isn't a table at all, but two round cylinders with a giant rubber band, ha. But I haven't used it as much as I had intended... Time is big factor, and my wanting to play a bit of guitar when I have time, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Alaric
    replied
    And they seem to make them with the softest plastic possible, making them easily scratched by careless dry wiping.

Leave a comment:

• wkhanna
    replied
    not much you can do other than regular cleaning....

i recommend using high-quality micro-fiber towels, that kind the car guys use on those super cars....
    i actually use this stuff, too....

link to towels

Leave a comment:

• Kevin P
    started a topic My turntable is a dust magnet!

My turntable is a dust magnet!

While spinning some vinyl, I became painfully aware of how much dust had collected on my Denon DP-300F turntable... not just on the dust cover either... the plinth was coated in dust as well, even though it spends nearly all its time with the cover closed. I've kept the platter and the cork mat clean, and my records of course, but after I wiped down the dust cover and plinth, I realized that the dust cover is pretty much made of static electricity... literally... the hairs on my arm stand up if I bring them near the dust cover.

I removed the cover and wiped it down with a damp cloth and put it back on, and there's less static now, but why would they make a turntable out of a plastic that attracts dust like that? I know... because it's cheap...

Anyway, any recommendations for some sort of anti-static wipes or something I can use to keep my TT clean?
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"