This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWLover
    replied
    That's what I mean. The wadia doc uses its own dac and bypasses the one in the iPod. That with AIFF or WAV files would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app

Leave a comment:

• mjb
    replied
    Originally posted by PewterTA
    Well if you are using the headphones out into your pre... it sounds like crap........ but if you're using a doc, then you're pulling the file as is off the unit and not using the DAC built into the ipod....

That's the main differences I see (and hear that makes it sound like ...well you know).
    Depending on your ipod, the internal DAC might not be all that bad. Plus, even with an external DAC you can either pull a 96K mp3 or an Apple Lossless track, no prizes for guessing which might sound better.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    Well if you are using the headphones out into your pre... it sounds like crap........ but if you're using a doc, then you're pulling the file as is off the unit and not using the DAC built into the ipod....

That's the main differences I see (and hear that makes it sound like ...well you know).

Leave a comment:

• BWLover
    replied
    And a person can put uncompressed music on an iPod touch for example, which has a solid state drive. And then put it on a Wadia iPod doc and enjoy music with no moving parts. Just because its an iPod doesn't mean it inherently sounds like sh*t. People choose the formats they want.

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app

Leave a comment:

• mjb
    replied
    Articles like this need to be a little more careful lambasting iPods and digital downloads, when what they're really talking about is how lossy formats are, well, lossy. When I was a teen, I copied friends tapes, or taped their LP's... the same as copying a hard drive full of MP3's today... and if I liked it, I saved up for the LP. Things haven't really changed, just the convenience. I love vinyl too, but it probably got there digitally.

Leave a comment:

• John Holmes
    replied
    Nice read.

Leave a comment:

• Chris D
    replied
    Amen to all of that!

Leave a comment:

• Hdale85
    replied
    Interesting article.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    We sooooo need to get in touch with him..... just to play with his stuff!!!!!

And to show him... that even with all that... our systems are NOT far behind. ha ha ha. And in some ways we know more!

Maybe we should invite him to an audio group meeting. I mean we ARE the only audiophiles in Pittsburgh!

Leave a comment:

• wkhanna
    started a topic New York Times - An Endosement for SQ?

New York Times - An Endosement for SQ?

The New Audio Geeks
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"