VituixCAD v2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tktran
    • Jan 2005

Interesting. So for my 40cm (H) x 20cm (W) x 30cm (D), then M = 50cm (by pythagorean theorem).

Tomrrow I measure full polars at 1.5m. Then we merge 0-180 degree measurements taken at 1.5m, 1.0m, 0.80 m, 0.60m, 0.40m with the nearfield, and compare results!

Comment

• JonMarsh
      JonMarsh commented
      Editing a comment
      That should be interesting to see!
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Well, interesting- since doing a manual update earlier this week, (the first update in over a month, as I was not getting any prompts during that time, this morning I got a prompt for installing an update, in the usual manner.

I had made a mental note to myself that if auto-update prompts weren't working, I should check the change log every Sunday, on principle...
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• kimmosto
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JonMarsh
      I should check the change log every Sunday, on principle...
      I think it's not necessary VituixCAD was using TLS 1.0 security protocol for downloads up to revision 2.0.100.0 (2023-03-10). That protocol was deprecated already few years ago. My service provider made some update to servers so downloads were prevented. Both newer TLS safety protocols (1.1 and 1.2) were enabled in VCAD 2.0.100.1 (2023-03-12) so downloads should work as long as TLS 1.2 is supported in web server. Some day in far future TLS 1.3 will be minimum requirement so I have to upgrade .NET Framework requirement from 4.5.2 to 4.8 to continue because 4.5.2 supports (natively) up to TLS 1.2.
      VituixCAD, Features, User manual, Measurements with CLIO, ARTA, REW, SoundEasy, Download

Comment

• kimmosto
        • Dec 2006

Some reading about TLS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transp...nd_development
        VituixCAD, Features, User manual, Measurements with CLIO, ARTA, REW, SoundEasy, Download

Comment

• kimmosto
          • Dec 2006

2.0.101.1 (2023-04-03)

Convert IR to FR
          • Added support for WAV and TXT impulse response files exported from Audio Precision.

Comment

• Reet
            • Dec 2007

I don't recall where I got this file, but I was going through my documents and found this, for another source of information for "how far is far field".
            Attached Files
            https://discord.gg/h5SuNKDJfx

Comment

• kimmosto
              • Dec 2006

Insignificant updates continue...

2.0.101.2 (2023-04-11)

Main
              • Tools menu and Tools section in user manual reorganized according recommended design procedure in 'Checklist for designing a loudspeaker' of user manual.
                Enclosure and Diffraction tool (before measurements), and Convert IR to FR and Merger tool (after measurements). Calculator, Auxiliary calculator and SPL Trace last because they are not normally needed.

Comment

• tktran
                • Jan 2005

Kimmo,

even though they seem insignificant I think it’s very helpful to guide Best Practice principles.

btw,
                1. How does one approximate facets on the baffle with the Diffraction tool?
                2. Do you have any plans/possibilities to extend the Diffraction modeller into 3D space?

Comment

• kimmosto
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tktran
                  1. How does one approximate facets on the baffle with the Diffraction tool?
                  2. Do you have any plans/possibilities to extend the Diffraction modeller into 3D space?
                  1. I would set R = W or D of facet. Someone compared rounding and facet by looking measurements if I recall... Listening gives final result = facets should not be used with small direct radiators.
                  2. That would not change much if/when diffraction tool is used according recommendation i.e. for creating on-axis baffle loss response for near field response of LF cones/ports. Reflection simulation will be deleted to maintain simplicity and performance if I decide add 2nd order diffraction from rear edges. It will not replace Akabak etc. no matter much I improve so motivation (and time) to develop further is not very high.

Comment

• kimmosto
                    • Dec 2006

2.0.101.3 (2023-04-14)
                    • Value adjustment can be accelerated by pressing Ctrl-key while mouse wheeling. Acceleration is typically 5-10x. Does not work over XO schematic because Ctrl+mouse wheel is reserved for zooming.
                    Main
                    • About box is able to detect .NET 4.8.1 or later
                    Power dissipation
                    • Changed to top-level window.
                    • Basic unit of current changed from mA to A.
                    • Initial crest factor of pink noise changed from 13 to 12 dB. Tooltip fixed.

Comment

• Reet
                      • Dec 2007

I'm curious what is on the roadmap for future development in VituixCAD. Current features and workflow is very good and stable, I could nitpick about the file loading and saving, but just minor details at this point.

I struggle to find a software tool to design TLs and horns with a friendly user interface. Hornresp appears to be the most popular, but the UI is quite awful and confusing to those who aren't familiar with the internal math behind the numerical input. I wonder if there is any plan to expand the enclosure tool within VituixCAD to include horns and transmission lines?

Comment

• kimmosto
                        • Dec 2006

2.0.101.4 (2023-04-15)

Impulse response
                        • Value of window function shown as 0-100% with mouse cursor. Also in dB if right Y axis is visible and curve is not selected.
                        Convert IR to FR
                        • Value of window function shown as 0-100% with mouse cursor. Also in dB if right Y axis is visible and curve is not selected.

Comment

• kimmosto
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Reet
                          I struggle to find a software tool to design TLs and horns with a friendly user interface. Hornresp appears to be the most popular, but the UI is quite awful and confusing to those who aren't familiar with the internal math behind the numerical input. I wonder if there is any plan to expand the enclosure tool within VituixCAD to include horns and transmission lines?
                          My brain resources and available time are not adequate for programming TL and horn calculation. But I can add calculation and UI to VCAD if someone is willing to make or send me a source code in C# or other human readable such as Java, Pascal, Basic, ANSI C, C++ etc. Not matlab etc. higher level which cannot be converted to C# without some proprietary library.

Comment

• tktran
                            • Jan 2005

, I could nitpick about the file loading and saving, but just minor details at this point.
                            Do you have problems with file parsing as I do?

no matter what I do and change settings in the Options with the Plane keywords, I always have errors loading those pesky 70 polar measurements!

it won’t take my fileNAME, so I gave up and used a hack- I just renamed everything to hor_0.frd, hor/ver_+/-10… 170.frd

Comment

• kimmosto
                              • Dec 2006

I always have errors loading those pesky 70 polar measurements!
                              What the heck is this? Never heard about pesky 70...

Comment

• Toe In
                                • Apr 2023

Hi, this is a theoretical issue I have been pondering a bit. I have used this program for simulations now for a while, and it seems to model reality quite well. In the crossover section, the behavior of the system is defined only by the frd and zma curves of the drivers. No TS-parameters seems to be needed. This is a bit of a mystery. For example, in a gives frequency, the SPL is perhaps 90dB and the z is 5 ohms. But there is no information in the zma curve about phase. What part is resistive and what is reactive?

So I have assumed that the software uses some modelling internally to build up some sort of generic driver from the curves, and kind of deduces the phase out of the curves.
                                Is that right?
                                What I'm trying to say is; can I rely on the simulation? Will it do the best from the information even without the TS-parameters?

OK, I'm not too good at math, so don't go too deep . Unless if you want to.

BTW, I like the visual appearance of the GUI, that's important if you have to sit a long time doing simulations.

Regards.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Toe In
                                  So I have assumed that the software uses some modelling internally to build up some sort of generic driver from the curves, and kind of deduces the phase out of the curves.
                                  Is that right?
                                  No. Loaded impedance response of the driver contains phase of complex impedance so it's relative to voltage at driver terminals. Loaded acoustical frequency response measurement contains phase of acoustical signal relative to voltage at driver terminals. When driver is installed to crossover network, magnitude and phase of impedance response measurement affect to voltage and it's phase at driver terminals. When simulated complex voltage at driver terminals is multiplied by measured acoustical frequency response, the result is acoustical response with crossover.
                                  So any modeling is not needed to calculate acoustical response with crossover. Just frequency and impedance response measurements with phase, and other components and connection of crossover network.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Toe In
                                    What I'm trying to say is; can I rely on the simulation?
                                    Reliability depends on reliability and applicability of your measurement data. Crossover simulation does not add any other simulation to whole equation except assumption that SPL drops 6.02 dB when distance from rotation center to virtual mic doubles. The last one is quite close to fact at far field with single point source.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                      • Dec 2006

it won’t take my fileNAME, so I gave up and used a hack- I just renamed everything to hor_0.frd, hor/ver_+/-10… 170.frd
                                      Can you show examples what names did not work? What measurement system or naming policy forced you to rename manually instead of following one of six supported file naming styles right away?

Comment

• kimmosto
                                        • Dec 2006

I could nitpick about the file loading and saving
                                        What? I can at least consider returning detailed file extension filter lists to save file dialogs, remove setting of initial/default directory from open file dialogs, clear initial filename from open and save file dialogs etc. though some of those changes would change it worse imo.

P.S. I just recall that I have not remembered to add an alternative directory structure recommendation to user manual. Maybe because my preference for directory naming is still to follow measurement and processing workflow:
                                        1) Far field measurements of drivers to Far/Drivername directory. Results of Convert IR to FR tool, autosave files of CLIO and FFT session projects to the same directory.
                                        2) Near field measurements of LF drivers, ports and M drivers to Near/Drivername directory. Results of Convert IR to FR tool to the same directory with IR files.
                                        3) Impedance response measurements of all drivers to Impedance directory.
                                        4) Baffle loss simulation to Diffraction or Near/Drivername directory. Diffraction project file to project's main directory.
                                        5) Merging to Merger/Drivername directory. Merger project file to project's main directory.
                                        6) Simulation of crossover. Project vxp to project's main directory.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                          JonMarsh commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Exactly!!
                                      • kimmosto
                                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kimmosto
                                        2) Near field measurements of LF drivers, ports and M drivers to Near/Drivername directory. Results of Convert IR to FR tool to the same directory with IR files.
                                        Oops. That went wrong. Should be
                                        2) All near field measurements of LF drivers, ports and M drivers to Near directory. Results of Convert IR to FR tool to the same directory.

Comment

• Reet
                                          • Dec 2007

What? I can at least consider returning detailed file extension filter lists to save file dialogs, remove setting of initial/default directory from open file dialogs, clear initial filename from open and save file dialogs etc. though some of those changes would change it worse imo.

P.S. I just recall that I have not remembered to add an alternative directory structure recommendation to user manual. Maybe because my preference for directory naming is still to follow measurement and processing workflow:
                                          1) Far field measurements of drivers to Far/Drivername directory. Results of Convert IR to FR tool, autosave files of CLIO and FFT session projects to the same directory.
                                          3) Impedance response measurements of all drivers to Impedance directory.
                                          4) Baffle loss simulation to Diffraction or Near/Drivername directory. Diffraction project file to project's main directory.
                                          5) Merging to Merger/Drivername directory. Merger project file to project's main directory.
                                          6) Simulation of crossover. Project vxp to project's main directory.
                                          Part of the nitpicky stuff is an expected folder organizational structure. Perhaps the "new project" button could create project file as well as sub-folders for project files if they don't already exist, to dissuade someone from making up their own system. I think you will find that if left to their own decisions, many users will attempt to locate all woofer files, near, far, merge, impedance, diffraction, within a single "woofer/drivername" folder, with file name suffix to identify the specific file within the folder. This user will become frustrated with the merger tool that forces a new directory to avoid overwriting, and many people won't read the help until they encounter a problem (if at all). Personally, I preferred the old "_mrg" suffix, even if the files are in a different directory. Potentially a file suffix entry box similar to the calculator tool could help here.

Nitpicking item 2 is the driver response loader. In other locations of the software where a list of files is loaded, calculator or merge tool, the open file dialog adds files to the list. In the main driver response selection, the open dialog always replaces the entire selection, rather than adding a file to the list. This makes the "clear" button redundant, since the list is always cleared on open, and prevents the ability to simply add a missed file, you have to select the entire list of files again.

Nitpick 3, convert IR to FR open file dialog doesn't include all supported file types as a single selection, so .PIR, .WAV, .MLS files require manual dropdown selection.

An alternative solution to avoid all file/folder structure issues would be to integrate everything to a single project file. I understand there is a fair bit of work in this solution. My though would be such that the loaded frequency response and impedance files are effectively imported to a single project large file. There would be needed change to diffraction and merge tool to provide a driver selection menu to allow for multiple diffraction and merge settings within a single project, but it ultimately would make the whole process a bit simpler on the user for project organization.

An alternative to the above would be a single project file, and individual driver files that contain the driver responses, impedance, diffraction and merge response files and settings.

Anyway, this is all minor details of personal preference, nothing critical and all is workable with the software as it is today.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                            • Dec 2006

I preferred the old "_mrg" suffix, even if the files are in a different directory. Potentially a file suffix entry box similar to the calculator tool could help here.
                                            _mrg suffix was removed because suffix is not possible with 5/6 file naming styles. Only naming style which accepts suffix is 'Generic 2D'. For example I'm forced to use CLIO 3D balloon naming (hor is phi=0, ver is phi=9000) due to Outline turning table controlled by CLIO 12 QC with auto save feature. But we could consider prefix such as "MRG " + rootname + ... which is possible with all file naming styles.

driver response loader. In the main driver response selection, the open dialog always replaces the entire selection, rather than adding a file to the list. This makes the "clear" button redundant,
                                            Clear button returns default flat omni response so it's not entirely redundant. For example Active TF block has clear button to remove transfer function, but still leave the block without shorting it. Or file targets for Optimizer. So Clear button is generally kinda cleaning unnecessary filenames from vxp file.
                                            Driver's frequency response list has some weight of history down to 0.1 version with support of LspCAD "extended" format. All responses must be located in the same directory because directory name and filenames are separate fields in UI and .vxp file. In 0.1-1.1 versions directory field could have single response file including all off-axis directions. Adding files to list would enable loading from different directories which would lead to conflict and error (without validity check and ignoring). All this could be fixed with new version which includes directory name to every filename, but that wouldn't be backwards compatible in that feature - just like any version down to 2.0.0 at the moment.

convert IR to FR open file dialog doesn't include all supported file types as a single selection, so .PIR, .WAV, .MLS files require manual dropdown selection

We can try at least some limited single file extension filter in the next revision. User should select just one type because different IR file formats could have different default settings such as Skip samples. That is set once right after loading (not for each file) to keep possible user adjustments. Another risk with mixed input formats is that output files can easily overwrite input files. Risk of overwriting source IR is very high especially with txt and wav IRs because both are also standard output types. That risk exists at the moment though extension filter is separated. Only way to avoid losing original IR file is to check are input and output filenames equal and skip (if user does not export to different directory). I'll add verification to the next revision.

An alternative solution to avoid all file/folder structure issues would be to integrate everything to a single project file.
                                            I've been thinking this too. It doubles the data but won't increase performance without doubling memory consumption because files should be read from project file at least every time when Delay is changed. That action must use very original data with ppo file type.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                              • Dec 2006

Fck! One typo fix and Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	294
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	933417​. That feature must be removed.

Comment

• theSven
                                                theSven commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Sorry about that, I have been trying to be proactive to catch these when they happen. There is a spam service the forum uses and it can get cranky sometimes. Apologies kimmosto
                                            • kimmosto
                                              • Dec 2006

2.0.101.5 (2023-04-20)

General
                                              • Separate file extension filters returned to Save frequency response and Save impedance response dialogs to allow selection of certain type from a list without typing.
                                              • Frequency response exports with constant frequency step starting at 0 Hz exported as Easera .etx instead of .fri (originally added for FourAudio). Sample rate setting is taken from Options and FFT length (time samples) from Impulse response window.
                                              • 0 Hz point of extrapolated frequency response set to 0 Pa, 0 deg for Impulse response and ETC calculation.
                                              Diffraction
                                              • Added warning to export about limited angle range if axis distance is shorter than longest baffle distance.
                                              Convert IR to FR
                                              • Added file extension filter including supported file types (pir, mls*, crp, txt and wav) to Select impulse response dialog. Separate filters are still available to avoid selection of wrong files or mix of different types.
                                              • Accidental overwriting of input files with output files due to same directory and file extension prevented. User should change output directory or file extension to export.
                                              • FFT session (.vxf) is possible to open with command line argument.
                                              Merger
                                              • Accidental overwriting of input files (in HF list) with output files due to same directory and file extension prevented. User can add 'VXM ' prefix to output files or cancel export for changing output directory or file extension.

Comment

• Reet
                                                • Dec 2007

I've been thinking this too. It doubles the data but won't increase performance without doubling memory consumption because files should be read from project file at least every time when Delay is changed. That action must use very original data with ppo file type.
                                                A 3-way project loaded uses about 50MB of RAM, I'm not worried about memory usage.

Thanks for your considerations of minor file loading and saving items.

Comment

• tktran
                                                  • Jan 2005

Can you show examples what names did not work? What measurement system or naming policy forced you to rename manually instead of following one of six supported file naming styles right away?

Last edited by theSven; 24 April 2023, 18:54 Monday. Reason: Removed IMG tag that referenced an invalid gif file

Comment

• theSven
                                                    theSven commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Were these gifs or jpegs? They are not coming up at all. Do you have the images still that you could share with me? I would recommend only using JPEG, not GIFs they don't play well. The attachments should be attached to this post, but none of them are on the post.
                                                • tktran
                                                  • Jan 2005

^^^
                                                  Screenshots showing my (?user) error messages. (currently Unapproved)

I didn't really want to bother you with it.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                    • Dec 2006

2.0.102.0 (2023-04-21)

Calculator
                                                    • Output filename extension selected from a list box (instead of typing). Available options are txt, frd, cal, mic, lms, etx and zma. Selection is common for both Multiple output and Single output result files.
                                                    • Filename suffix of Multiple output functions replaced with prefix to support also other than 'Generic 2D' file naming style.

Comment

• JMB13
                                                      • Aug 2010

Hi Kimmo,
                                                      Just noticed that some of the calculated values for the Olive formula change based upon the preference formula selected. Should they not be constant as they are based upon Olive formulas? This is the same speaker with the only change being which preference formula is selected. Note the SM_ON, for example. Thanks, Jay
                                                      Click image for larger version

Views:	283
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	933444Click image for larger version

Views:	287
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	933445​​

Comment

• Reet
                                                        • Dec 2007

JMB13 You will find your answer here:

Comment

• JMB13
                                                          • Aug 2010

Thank you. It does. I never thought to look more deeply into it as I assumed (mea culpa) that it just followed the traditional Olive calculations. Jay

Comment

• tktran
                                                            • Jan 2005

post number 882 approved, but all screenshots were removed.

Hello @mods - can they be restored?

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                              • Dec 2006

2.0.103.0 (2023-04-23)

Main
                                                              • Added Active Slope filter to component menu. f is frequency with gain=1, S is slope in dB/oct. Note! Conversion to biquad coefficients is not yet available.
                                                              • Added simple animation to Active Peak/Notch filter.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JMB13
                                                                Thank you. It does. I never thought to look more deeply into it as I assumed (mea culpa) that it just followed the traditional Olive calculations. Jay
                                                                Comparison of preference rating calculation. Olive's equation 9 vs. VituixCAD's custom equation.

Comment

• Reet
                                                                  • Dec 2007

This may have been discussed previously, but some option to enforce IEC263 25dB/dec aspect ratio in the main window 6 pack graphs would be a nice addition, or any user-defined aspect ratio. Currently this is available with image export options, with the main application quite variable. Keep x axis locked, and dynamically adjust y axis span based on window dimensions to keep aspect ratio.

REW has recently added this feature and I find it quite useful to be able to change window size etc and keep the same graph aspect.

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                                    • Dec 2006

option to enforce IEC263 25dB/dec aspect ratio in the main window 6 pack graphs would be a nice addition
                                                                    View->Image export size command is able to force 6-pack to 25 dB/dec if export size specified in Options is small enough to fit in screen, and Y span and f range equal to settings in Options. Purpose is to be temporarily compatible with size of exported/published 6-pack.
                                                                    IEC 263 could be okay on display when whole window is available for a single chart (as zoomed with double-click). 6-pack needs every pixel especially with laptops so available screen size will not be wasted to get certain geometry.

REW has recently added this feature and I find it quite useful to be able to change window size etc and keep the same graph aspect.
                                                                    That feature makes REW's scaling even more complex and uncontrolled. It wasn't good before, and now it's less good.

Comment

• Reet
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Dec 2007

IEC 263 could be okay on display when whole window is available for a single chart (as zoomed with double-click).
                                                                      It would be helpful is this were an easily select-able option.

Comment

• Quza
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2021

2.0.101.1 (2023-04-03)Convert IR to FR
                                                                        • Added support for WAV and TXT impulse response files exported from Audio Precision.
                                                                        Does this work with repeat measurements, too?
                                                                        I used to export 19 measurements every 10° as single .csv with a fixed amount of data points for SPL and phase, which then could be split into individual files for VituixCAD with this python script:
                                                                        Code:
                                                                        #ChatGPT says this isn't elegant, and it's right.
                                                                        import sys, csv

try:
                                                                            droppedFile = sys.argv[1]
                                                                        except IndexError:
                                                                            print("No file dropped!!!")

start = 0
                                                                        stop = "20000"
                                                                        string = "RMS Level"

orientation = input("HOR, VER-, VER+?")

with open(droppedFile, 'r') as measurement_file:
                                                                            reader = csv.reader(measurement_file, delimiter=';')
                                                                            measurement_data = list(reader)

for i, v in enumerate(measurement_data):
                                                                                if "Phase" in measurement_data[i]:
                                                                                    print("Phase starts at: " + str(i))
                                                                                    break

for rowampl, item in enumerate(measurement_data):
                                                                                if rowampl > i:
                                                                                    print("should be done")
                                                                                    print(str(rowampl) + ">" + str(i))
                                                                                    break
                                                                                if string in measurement_data[rowampl]:
                                                                                    print(str(start) + "0°")
                                                                                    fout = open("" + orientation + str(start) + "0.txt", "w")
                                                                                    rowphase = rowampl + i
                                                                                    start += 1
                                                                                    try:
                                                                                        while stop not in item[0]:
                                                                                            ampl = measurement_data[rowampl]
                                                                                            phase = measurement_data[rowphase]
                                                                                            fout.write(ampl[0] + ";" + ampl[1] + ";" + phase[1] + "\n")
                                                                                            rowampl += 1
                                                                                            item = measurement_data[rowampl]
                                                                                            rowphase = rowampl + i
                                                                                        ampl = measurement_data[rowampl]
                                                                                        phase = measurement_data[rowphase]
                                                                                        fout.write(ampl[0] + ";" + ampl[1] + ";" + phase[1] + "\n")
                                                                                        rowampl += 1
                                                                                        item = measurement_data[rowampl]
                                                                                        rowphase = rowampl + i
                                                                                    except StopIteration:
                                                                                        pass
                                                                        Here's an example for repeat measurements: https://nx8218.your-storageshare.de/s/EEYQfCCdLzmWSjd
                                                                        Exported as .csv with 5000 data points for SPL and phase: https://nx8218.your-storageshare.de/s/awaq9pkFXNTRNwn

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Quza
                                                                          Exported as .csv with 5000 data points for SPL and phase: https://nx8218.your-storageshare.de/s/awaq9pkFXNTRNwn
                                                                          Text in changelog meant impulse response files​. Your example is some strange frequency response file which won't be supported.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                            • 15276

OK, this request should be good for a few chuckles...

Near as I can see, there is no component element that is simply a switch, to open or close to set a connection state.

Yes, I can essentially simulate this by having a component such as a resistor which I enable the "open" function on or not, or do this with existing parts in the "signal path", but for the purpose of creating some types of user adjustable crossover configurations and documenting it clearly within VitiuixCAD itself and having that schematic have clear intent for others, I would find this rather handy....

Low tech, but quite useful for me, especially for some new designs underway intended to have some flexibility for room positioning. Maybe for others? Just a SPST switch would be fine, (that's what I'm using physically) though I can imagine a SPDT switch covering more applications.

the AudioWorx
                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                            M8ta
                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                            Isiris
                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                            Calliope
                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                                              Moderator
                                                                              • Dec 2006
                                                                              • 589

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                                                                              ... a few chuckles...
                                                                              I can essentially simulate this by having a component such as a resistor which I enable the "open" function
                                                                              You're not the first one asking switch... I'd like to suggest using short wires. It's not far from switch symbol, and wire groups with part ID as a comment can be added to component library by anyone, any capacity and any orientation.

Views:	277
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	933502
                                                                              Equation parser understands some logic functions too, but I have not tested is it possible to use e.g. integer parameter for switching R between 1 GOhms and 1 uOhms. Open/not can't be controlled with expression field so library blocks using equations can play with resistors and resistance only.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                • Aug 2000
                                                                                • 15276

OK, that's a better way to work around this than what I've been doing opening up components, and it's kind of obvious what the intent is from the schematic representation. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try implementing it in a few current projects!
                                                                                the AudioWorx
                                                                                Natalie P
                                                                                M8ta
                                                                                Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                Modula MT XE
                                                                                Modula Xtreme
                                                                                Isiris
                                                                                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                Minerva Monitor
                                                                                Calliope
                                                                                Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                Obi-Wan
                                                                                Modula PWB
                                                                                Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• kimmosto
                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                  • Dec 2006
                                                                                  • 589

It would be helpful is this were an easily select-able option.
                                                                                  Feature is now fixed while chart is zoomed in if unit of left Y scale is dB. Checkbox for switching between 16:9 and IEC 60263 can be added later, but I don't know yet where it should be.

2.0.103.1 (2023-04-25)

Main
                                                                                  • Zoomed view of charts with left Y axis in dB follow aspect ratio setting in Options window.
                                                                                  Known weakness of this standard is that limiting frequency does not provide any more resolution without limiting also Y axis. Just narrow graph looking stupid.

Views:	271
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	933506

Comment

• Reet
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Dec 2007
                                                                                    • 512

Checkbox for switching between 16:9 and IEC 60263 can be added later, but I don't know yet where it should be.
                                                                                    Thank you. My thought would be either aspect ratio selection via right click context menu, or along top bar with adjustment buttons for horizontal and vertical scale.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                    Search Result for "|||"