Twilight Time major sale (going out of business)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Twilight Time major sale (going out of business)

I don't know how many of you still buy movies on physical media (in this case, Blu-ray). I've slowed down my non-work related purchases in the last couple of years but just purchased a baker's dozen of titles from Twilight Time. For those unfamiliar with them, they have, for the past decade (at least, could be longer if DVD is included--I don't remember), released a number of films (mostly pre-1980, though there are some exceptions) that may have gotten a VHS or DVD release but were not destined for Blu-ray release by the owners of the film. A bit like Criterion (though with far fewer extras, and not quite as much effort at restoration--though still usually quite good), they licence films for limited release. 3000 is the typical number.

In any case, I just got an email where they announced they were ceasing operations (don't know if it's COVID related--probably not entirely, if I had to guess). I have a number of their titles already (it's why I was on the mailing list) but they were usually pricey (29.95 in many cases, though I got some during their recurring sales for half that price over the years). In any case, now the sale price is 60% off, so most titles are 11.95 (some are even less). Thought I'd give a head's up. The titles are not "mainstream" ones that get re-issued every few years by the big studios, nor are they likely to get future physical media releases at all (ex: I just picked up The Quiet American (1959); some westerns like Bandolero, Hour of the Gun and Lawman (late 60s/early 70s); Anne of the Thousand Days and Anastasia; an early Marilyn Monroe film--Don't Bother to Knock; and a few others).
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"