X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Just saw it with my son. It is what Star Wars usually is for me.

(something I posted on another [non-A/V forum]):

Overall, I view Star Wars as entertaining popcorn fare with little depth (I know, I know... ). I find them all roughly equally entertaining but rarely thought-provoking. Empire and The Last Jedi (in relative terms) are the most thought-provoking and the ones that run counter to expectations (again, in relative terms). These days, I get the most gratification from Star Wars films by watching them with my son and seeing his engagement with them (his palpable sense of relief when Chewie was not dead after all was more powerful than that of any of the actors on-screen). I revisit Trek by myself on a regular basis. I revisit (or visit) Star Wars with my son. I guess that best illustrates my overall appreciation of Star Wars.

Certainly worth a viewing for anyone who has seen all the others at the cinema. By now, you know you'll like it...or you won't. It's Star Wars--with all that implies.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Star Wars is one of the few movie franchises I always catch at the cinema. I look forward to it.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"