X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

LCD vs Plasma

This is probably a worn out topic but I can really use some advice.
    We live in an apt in NY and want to put in a small HT system is a room that is 14x8. We would have a couch on one end and want to mount a flat panel TV on th opposite wall. LCD or Plasma is the only question.
    The LCD we are looking at is a 37" Sharp Acqos but it seems a little small to be viewed from approx 12.5 feet away (our estimate of actual viewing distance). The next size LCD is way more expensive and has some risidual issues (so the salesman says). We could easily get a 42" plasma but are afraid of the burn in issue since we have a 8 year old daughter.
    Is this problem oveblown?
    I believe the picture and color is better on the plasma. Is there anyway to protect from burn in?
    Mitchell
    Mitchell
  • LT Frog
    • Jul 2006

1st Reply

WOW, I was going to say something constructive, but then I noticed the date of this post, 9-27-2004!!!!! I hope you made a decision by now!

Isn't there a sight wizard or something that cleans up old posts? Geez... :E

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Frog, you must have been seriously digging to pull this thing up!

Welcome to the Guide, BTW. :welcome:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"