X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Statement D1 Pre/Pro

Has anyone seen an MSRP for this unit in the US? What is the "street" price for it? I am considering moving from my Rotel RSP-1098 to this unit.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Jimmy58,

According to this link HERE the RRP is US$4,999.

There are a number of active threads in www.hometheaterforum.com and www.avguide.com reviewing the D1 and suggesting a good street price in the US of $4,000...

HTGuide member Alan LEVESQUE has one and has been boasting big time about his new pride and joy in a number of forums - you may want to PM him?

Geoff

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Thanks Geoff, LEVESQUE and I have been exchanging e-mails for quite some time. Being that he is in Canada, I was wondering if anyone in the US has seriously looked at this unit and gotten some pricing on it.

Thanks again...

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Jim,

Just for completeness - I presume you have seen THIS rave review...

and THIS discussion thread (which you could join...)

Geoff

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

Thanks for those links, Geoff. I was glancing some discussions on the D1 (that Brian Florian, the reviewer, has participated in) just today. I saw this beast of a machine in the flesh at a NYC hi-fi show in late May. I plan on auditioning it.

Looks like Sonic Frontiers/Anthem took a big page out of Rotel's style book. :W

Comment

• LEVESQUE
            • Oct 2002

Jimmy.

My dealer can send one to you with free shipping to the US, and he cross the border to spare you the paperwork for the tax refunds (he use a broker).

We did a group buy on AVS for 5 units, and everyone was in the US except me.

But at half the US MSRP, I think it's worth it. Just to think that some people buy an AVM20 or 30, or a Rotel 1098 for the SAME price I paid my D1... :E
            To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

Sounds intriguing. For pure DVD movie watching in DTS/DD using a coaxial digital cable, I guess I'm wondering what makes it sound so much better than the 1098. Is it that the Motorola chip is simply that much better than the Cirrus Logic chip or is it two MOT chips combined or is it something else?
              Adz

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

All Channel 26 bit 192 KHz upsampling will certainly help

Adz,

One trick the D1 has up it's sleave is to up sample all channels (even DD and DTS after separating our the 5.1 into 6 separate channels) into 24 bit 192 KHz sound. This is about increasing the resolution / fidelity of each channel and (by interpolation) creating a more accurate reflection of the original sound. Implemented well up sampled signals can sound significantly clearer than the original once converted to analogue because you get a smoother representation of the waveform, especially at higher frequencies. This technology has only very recently become affordable (they used to cost $40,000-$50,000)

That said - there are up sampler DACs that sound worse / no better than the RSP-1098. Equally one could be relatively confident that good up samplers would benefit the next generation RSP-1098. However I would be pretty confident that they are helping the D1 a lot...

Geoff

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                  • Oct 2002

Well said.

My regular CD's are now sounding like DVD-As or SACDs! Really impressive. This upsampling thing really makes a difference!
                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• BladeRnR
                    • Sep 2003

Having just read the technical specifications of the Anthem D1 and the accompanying review I (And my Brother Sithlord) are quite impressed. We currently have the Rotel 1098 but since we are HT nuts we're always in the market for an upgrade. We are yet to build a dedicated HT room but want to get the equipment first to fill it. We're happy with everything else and whilst the Rotel 1098 is a superb product I rather like the upsampling aspect and the fact it supports everything in the digital domain (Firewire et all).

The problem is we have no idea if there is a dealer in Australia? I guess we'll start looking

See Geoff - more upgrades LOL!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Bladerunner,

I've answered your query HERE

Geoff

Comment

• boe
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LEVESQUE
                        Jimmy.

We did a group buy on AVS for 5 units, and everyone was in the US except me.

But at half the US MSRP, I think it's worth it. Just to think that some people buy an AVM20 or 30, or a Rotel 1098 for the SAME price I paid my D1... :E
                        If anyone else is considering a purchase of the Anthem Statement D1 for half MSRP, I would be happy to be part of a group purchase. $2500 for this preamp sounds great to me!

Has anyone else used Levesque's dealer?
                        Last edited by boe; 01 August 2004, 12:56 Sunday.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by boe
                          If anyone else is considering a purchase of the Anthem Statement D1 for half MSRP, I would be happy to be part of a group purchase. $2500 for this preamp sounds great to me!

Has anyone else used Levesque's dealer?
                          Count me in also.
                          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                            • Oct 2002

Sorry guys.

No group buy anymore.

5 lucky guys from AVS did use it, but now some USA dealers are starting to be "itchy all over" with those prices they can't even dream to offer...

Only my close friends living near me can enjoy those prices now, sorry.

But if you could reach the border between Quebec and the USA, my dealer could probably work something out...

Comment

• boe
                              • Jul 2004

Dooohhh

Bummer,

Almost worth the trip to the other side of the country for that price and to pick up some Joe Louis(SP?) if they still make those I may be about 300 mile south of there in 6 months. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Comment

• 95avusblue
                                • Jan 2006

Hi guys, I am considering driving up to Canada for an Anthem AVR 30, and the MCA 50. Are there any particular areas or stores that I should look into? Will there be any duty if I am bringing it back to the states?

Comment

• 95avusblue
                                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                                  Count me in also.
                                  Will I be ablew to find an Anthem AVR 30, and MCA 50 for half the list price in Canada? Where should I go, or whom should I contact?
                                  Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                  😀
                                  😂
                                  🥰
                                  😘
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😞
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"