X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Club Klipsch

I'm up for starting a Klipsch club here for talking about big Klipsch topics. My entire theater project in Home Theater Builder Magazine will be made audible purely by Klipsch. (except for maybe another subwoofer)

I've really come to appreciate the efficiency of Klipsch, not requiring much power to drive them. Good sound.

My current Klipsch equipment:
    KLF-30 Mains
    KLF-C7 Center
    KSP-S6 Side AND Rear Surrounds (4)
    KSW-15 Subwoofer

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • beyond 1000
    • May 2004

Chris,

I'm new to the HT Forum and with my first post I also second your Klipsch club.

My speakers include, Klipsch SC-1 center, Klipsch SS.5 surrounds, Klipsch SF-1 mains, and the monster you have, Klipsch KSW-15 subwoofer. An Onkyo TX-SR600 HT Receiver is driving them.

Lots of presence, output and tons of power off the sub.

Comment

• rich0372
      • Jul 2004

Hey Chris thats sounds like a great idea. If you go to the klipsch website they also have a klipsch forum my set-up is klf30s up front klf c7 center and klf 20s in rear I just got rmb 1080 to run klf30s sounds amzing. klipsch everywhere except for my sunfire sub :T Rich

Comment

• Youzer
        • Aug 2004

I ALSO think Club Klipcsh is a great idea.

I checked out the forum possibility on the Klipsch website and was not really too impressesed

I am running RF-35s as fronts, an RC -7 as center, and RF - 25s as rears. Still looking for a kicking bass, and looking to replace my panasonic receiver.

Let's get theis "club" going!

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Don't use Klipsch in my main room any longer, but still have their reference speakers in my other room. Owned Legend speakers quite a while back, as audio equipment goes, and loved them.

Hey, Chris, I'm going to be your neighbor, kind of at least. Just bought a lot at Ocean Shores. Hope to one day build so I can pester you and Dave (lives in Graham).
          Keith

Comment

• eddiem67
            • Jun 2004

OK I have

KLF30 fronts
            C7 Center
            KSP S6 rears and side

looking at rotels to run everything, currently using a Denon
            My Car Audio

Comment

• rich0372
              • Jul 2004

looking at rotels to run everything, currently using a Denon[/QUOTE]

I have a rotel rmb 1080 for my klf30s wow what a difference they really love the power before I was using just my receiver pioneer elite 100wpc You should consider the 1080 for the fronts Rich

Comment

• Youzer
                • Aug 2004

I was under the impression Klipsch could run off of a 9 volt battery....what do you mean they love the power? Or do YOU love the power?

I am thinking (saving up) about switching my receiver to the H/K AVR 7300. I can't wait!

Comment

• Miker
                  • Aug 2004

RW 10 Pounds!!!

Love the Klipsch Club Idea!!!
                  Now to business...I'm having a rough time with isolation on my RW 10 sub. It has been suggested that I try the Auralex Gramma Iso riser...anyone have any experience with this platform?
                  Thanks
                  Mike R

System listed in profile.....ALL KLIPSCH!!!!!!!!!
                  Mike R

Klipsch for Life!!

Comment

• Youzer
                    • Aug 2004

Mike,

How do you enjoy your Klipsch - H/K combo?
                    Is anyone else running a similar setup ?

Youzer

Comment

• Miker
                      • Aug 2004

It's very SMOOTH!!!! Harman has that nice warm sound...compliments the Klipsch speakers beautifully!!! I could not be happier...except with a big screen...it's a wife thing if you catch my drift!!

Mike R
                      Mike R

Klipsch for Life!!

Comment

• Miker
                        • Aug 2004

Member Drive!!!

Looks like we need to go on a member drive!!! Not a very active club...is it Klipsch or Klipsch owners?....HMMMMMM!!!! :evil:
                        Mike R

Klipsch for Life!!

Comment

• rich0372
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Youzer
                          I was under the impression Klipsch could run off of a 9 volt battery....what do you mean they love the power? Or do YOU love the power?
                          Youzer your right Klipcsh are very effiecent 102db for my klf30s and can run on little power but they have two 12" woofers and those NEED POWER to sound there best its the horns that make them sooo effiecent :T I also love power too :B Rich
                          Last edited by Staff; 06 January 2005, 09:14 Thursday.

Comment

• Miker
                            • Aug 2004

Power To The People !!!!! (Klipsch People, That Is)
                            Mike R

Klipsch for Life!!

Comment

• soundhound
                              • Mar 2004

Timber matching w/ Klipsch

If anyone has ever wondered how much of a difference keeping their klipsch speakers "series" matched makes, wonder no more. I have been playing w/ my speaker arrangement and I took my rear center, which is an SC-3, has identacle specs as the RC-3, and moved it to the front center. With the Avia set-up disc I was amazed at how different the 2 center channels sounded with my RF-3's. The Reference series has a nice seemless blend as it moves across the front, as does the synergy series, but, mismatch the center, and the center stands out. I currnetly run RF-3's, RC-3, SF-2,s (surrounds), SB-2's (rear centers), and an SW II sub. The front end is all Rotel, except for sources and IMO this makes an incredible combination.....

Comment

• Gregavi
                                • Sep 2004

La Scala (Main)
                                Heresy (Center)

Comment

• Chris D
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Dec 2000

Sorry, I've been away for a while. Keith, that's cool that you're going to be a Washingtonian, too! Erik Farstad is around this area, too.

To update, my Klipsch setup that I listed above is now being driven by Parasound Halo components (C1 controller, A21 and A51 amplifiers, 7 channels total). I've added dual SVS PC-Ultra subs to the setup. Very nice system now!
                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• ekkoville
                                    • Aug 2004

I should chime in here since I am in slowly looking to upgrade speakers and Klipsch are on the very short list. Depending on the WAF, I am looking at and RF tower or the RB-75. Any opinions on the RB-75? Rotel amp makes me think the sound should be great.

Erik

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ekkoville
                                      I am looking at and RF tower or the RB-75. Any opinions on the RB-75? Rotel amp makes me think the sound should be great.

Erik
                                      The RB-75 are great, the RF 7's are greater, however. Either is an excellent choice to match up with Rotel Electronics.
                                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• ekkoville
                                        • Aug 2004

Thanks Jerry, there also may be a request for in-walls, which look good, but I have never heard Klipsch's in-walls. Any comments on that route, and has anyone heard them?

Erik

Comment

• soundhound
                                          • Mar 2004

It never ceases to amaze me the responses recieved from people when you say Klipsch speaks. People right away respond with the cupped hands by the mouth, "testing 1,2 testing" and the word "brite" comes in to play. Any of my friends or family would beg to differ. I am still to this day amazed at the quality of sound these things produce at a lower listening level due to their efficiency. They are truly engineered, not just drivers thrown in a cabinet to set and blair at you. They are fast enough to accurately do HT as well as mellow enough yet strong enough to do from classical to heavy metal. Not to say that with a fair amount of volume that they couldnt make your'e eye's, nose, and ears bleed, but thats not on my wish list. I did notice a very nice improvement when I changed my frontend gear from Yamaha, Carver, to Rotel, Rotel, but would be willing to bet sourcing would effect any manufacturers product. I have hammered on them a time or two just to see what they are made of and never experienced harshness or anything of the likes. I guess I just had some time to kill this morning and thought I would share some sentiment in a dormant thread, Bob

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Apr 2003

Bob,

Thanks for those comments. I too believe that Klipsch seakers don't receive the acclaim they richly deserve. All the reason's for this escape me for the moment but I do know that as good a speaker designer/engineer as Paul W was is as poor a marketeer as he was. The current management at Klipsch seem to be doing a much better job at it and consequently the brand is gaining in name recognition. Also, Klipsch speakers tend to be priced lower, sometimes significantly so, that other brands of comparable performance. A lot of this has resulted from heavy discounting over the years by mail order and internet sales. For the past two years Klipsch, Inc has been moveing heavily against these "gray market" practices and has even fired their largest distributor/dealer Tweeter in order to try and clean up this mess. At the same time they hired Best Buy to excluseivly sell their value line, the Synergies. This makes a clear distinction between Klipsch low end and Klipsch high end Reference/Heritage.

Klipsch is ready to move the whole product line further upscale with the Primere series due out next spring. Haveing a clearly recognizable, world class "premium" brand label is extremely important from an overall marketing point of view. When someone says Chevrolet to me, what comes to mind immediatly is a Corvette, not a Cavalier. When someone says Nissan it conjures up thoughts of the Z car not necessarily the Altima.
                                            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Khorn
                                              • Sep 2004

I've had Klipschorns since about '89 and La Scalas before them. People don't even begin to realize how important the electronics used to drive these speakers are. It took a lot of experimenting to start getting the best sound out of the Klipschorns. At first I drove them with earlier Bryston 4B amps and pre-amps but they were not really a good match. Too hard & harsh sounding. The later Bryston stuff is better but, still not a really good match for this type of speaker.

Going in another direction I used a rather high end SET tube setup from KR Enterprise which used modified design 300B type tubes. This gave a fantastic and musical midrange and was very satisfying until after a while I started missing the dynamics and bass "slam" that I knew that these speakers were capable of.

I progressed to a hybrid system of tube pre-amp and pure class 'A' type SS amplification and that provided a wonderful, smooth and balanced sound. As a matter of fact I liked that particular tube pre-amp amp so much I bought and sold the same model 3 times. The main problem with tubes and Klipschorns is the noise level of tubes. They can be reasonably quiet but, only for a specific length of time.

I finally found an SS pre-amp which bettered the tube one in every way and coupled with the SS amp I use gives the Klipschorns fantasic smooth musical and very dynamic sound.

The only system that I have ever had that betters the one I have now was my Pro JBL speaker system consisting of curved horn bass bins, wide wooden defraction horn compression driven mid ranges and slot loaded compression tweeters.

That system was driven by a McIntosh MC2205 power amp for bass Xd over to a McIntosh MC250 for the mid and passively Xover HF.

The dividing network was a JBL active one.

The McIntosh JBL Pro system used a massive Denon DP75 table with SAEC (407 I think) arm as the main source.

Another source for that system was a remarkable Kenwood 600T FM Tuner that even bested my later modified Magnum FT 101.

I sure would have liked to have been able to hear that system with my current Sony SCD-1 as the front end.

Klipschorns can sound absolutly fantastic.....very dynamic while still being smooth, musical and most importantly emotionally involving but, it takes really good and synergistic equipment to bring out what they are truly capable of.

Anyone who hasn't heard Klipschorns driven properly can have absolutely no conception whatsoever as to what they can really sound like.
                                              Last edited by Khorn; 10 October 2004, 09:35 Sunday.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Dec 2000

Khorn, I was hoping you would join in this conversation sooner or later. I've never had the pleasure of listening to Klipschorns in person, so I'm jealous. That must be an awesome experience.
                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• soundhound
                                                  • Mar 2004

Here in the upper midwest our consumer shot distributors are Best Buy and Ultimateelectronics (used to be AudioKing). By chance when I recently went to Ultimate to get my Denon 1910 I mosied into one of the listening rooms, as I wanted to listen to an RW-12 (currently run SW-12 for ht only and love it) to see if I was "missing anything". They had carried the Krell line until 1 month ago (they had a hard time moving quantities of high dollar goodies). They had RF-35's, RW-12 tied to a Denon reciever, and ICK. Screech and boom........Their listening combo did absolutely nothing for me. If I were a new customer looking at my first Klipsch purchase, I would have turned and ran. I guess Jerry and khorn, I stock alot of faith in what you say as put those RF-35's in a higher end shop w/ some good sources and I would bet they would sound incredible (assumption only, I have RF3's). Marketing, demo'ing, many things come in to play. I just feel fortunate enough to be able to have had things fall in to place the way they have and put together IMO a sytem that rivals one of alot higher price tag.

Comment

• Youzer
                                                    • Aug 2004

Still Learning

Gentleman (and ladies if you're out there!),

As you can see I am still an audiophyte which is a great term for myself. I am still learning and read many posts in an attempt to learn as much as possible about the amazing world of sound. From all my reading I have come up with one simple notion which is repeated over and over regardless of site or forum

Does it sound good to you?

I think this idea is simple and makes since but I am very curious by nature on many subjects like Alton Brown (for you Food network buffs). For instance, I see everyone using amps and don't know why? I understand running an amp if you are running cables a distance but why run amps, especially if you are running efficient speakers AKA KLIPSCH? And what is the deal with clean power? Is it to guarantee that your reciever is getting its required power? Please forgive my ignorance, but I need to learn somewhere. But if you have the time I would appreciate a few answers. Heck this might not even be the right thread for this question but if you cna't trust your fellow Klipsch ownsers who can you trust???

Power to the Klipsch people, you have all been so kind in and out of this thread.

Youzer AKA Pete :T

Comment

• soundhound
                                                      • Mar 2004

If you look at what a reciever consists of, there is quite a bit happening in one chasis, and room is somewhat limited. There are some design restaints when installing so many functions in that chasis, so by going discrete (amp, preamp, tuner) manufacturers automatically over come some of these restraints, and often, this will net better sounding gear. As far as clean line voltage, noise is an issue, spikes and sags in the line are hard on everything from transformers and other power supply components to processors. Without going into great detail cleaner/ stable line voltage could greatly improve the life of our somewhat spendy toys.

Comment

• Youzer
                                                        • Aug 2004

Thanks Soundhound

I appreciate the information, if anyone elese has anything to add please do, but by no means was my intent to stray from the Klipsch thread.

BRING ON THE KLIPSCH TALK!

Youzer

Comment

• soundhound
                                                          • Mar 2004

Anyone ever own or currently own the KG series? I found a nice pair of KG 5.5's for a song and am thinking about grabbing em just because. I see they spec pretty well, I just am not able to give a listen b-4 purchasing.

Comment

• Indyfred
                                                            • Nov 2004

Long Time Klipsch Lover

I have owned Kilpsch since back in my college days (+20 years) and have yet to hear any oterh speakers as "clean" as Klipsch. This thread was a great idea.

Currently own: RB5 II's, RC35, RS35's, and RW10. Diverted to HT and previous Klipsch were massive.

Previous Klipsch: La Scala and Cornwall's.

Would love to own: Khorn
                                                            Fast Fred

Comment

• soundhound
                                                              • Mar 2004

Klub Klipsch

What happened to Klub Klipsch? I see a few members over at club Rotel have em but I don't see the topic here anymore. Well, any takers, X-mas bonuses are being handed out tomorrow to the tune of 10%. I have found a pair of Forte series 1's at my Rotel dealer wich I could probably snap up for $300, or replace my RF-3's w/ some RF-7's which I can get for around $1300. My front end is complete (to me) with the recent addition of an RSP-1068, and RB-1070 for rears. (Will "never" part with my RMB-1075). The RF-3 series sound superb for movies, football, all video but am wondering if I am missing out on the strictly 2 channel side. Don't get me wrong, the audio bypass is superb also, am just curious if there is something out there beyond superb and that is something the Forte's or RF-7's would provide? I suspect if I went with either I will end up replacing the center, surrounds, ya-da-da to keep the "experience" that I have now. So again I ask, any taker's? Thanx, Bob

Comment

• Q-Man
                                                                • Mar 2004

Go to www.klipsch.com . Klipsch has their own Forum, and it is very active. You can discuss and learn a lot about horns on that site.
                                                                There have been a lot of good mods developed for thr Herritage speakers from the members there. The Heritage line is the Klipschorn, LaScala, & Belle. These three speakers are the fully horn loaded ones, my favorites.

Comment

• hired goon
                                                                  • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by soundhound
                                                                  Can't comment on the NAD but I can tell you FOR CERTAIN, the Rotel, Klipsch combo is unbeatable.
                                                                  I listened to Klipsch RF-7 powered by a Rotel RMB-1095 the other day. I thought the RF-7 had a very forward sound: the sound was pleasant, but the horn seemed to project everything to the front, so that only one plane of sound was present.

I then swapped the RF-7 for a Sonus Faber Grand Piano speaker, and the soundstage opened up front and back. Vocals seemed to be at the back, other instruments slightly forward, etc.

Is this typical of the Klipsch sound?

--Geoff

Comment

• Q-Man
                                                                    • Mar 2004

Actually Rotel equipment isn't well liked by a lot of the Klipsch forum members.
                                                                    I believe they feel Rotel can be harsh sounding with Klipsch.

The RF-7's are nothing special. You really need to listen to the Heritage line, where even the bass is horn loaded.

If you are really interested, start reading the Fourm.

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2004

Geoff, I am a firm believer in that the source and enviroment both have a great deal to do with the sound. Here around Mpls/St.Paul we have a mass marketed shop called Ultimatelctronics where they pedal Klipsch Reference series speaks, and the way they go about it makes me want to run from the store.You go into a "listening room" wich is like being in the bottom of a coffee can, shelves full of recievers, speakers, and they say "pick one". They run a Yamaha or Dennon reciever thru them, and,Yuk. The high end shop I go to for Rotel gear has listening rooms, a little more like what I have at home. In fact the salesman I got hooked up with there sold Klipsch in Chicago for about 10 years, and is quite knowledgable on their older stuff. As far as the RF-7's being nothing special, I believe for 2 grand they best be a little somethin. BTW, Q-man, your'e not toying with us, are you? Are you Mathew Polk or Paul Klipsch????

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2003

Whoever said the RF7s are nothing special hasn't REALLY listened to them much...or at least not with the right power in the configuration they were designed for as the anchors to a 5.1. or 7.1 system. With the exception of the K Horns, I have owned a number of speakers from Klipsch's Heritage and Classic line, and find most of them lacking in fullness (bright) by comparison to the RF7s. The Heritage line, with thier brighness and exaggerated detail in the midrange, seems ideal for those who have damaged their hearing through the years by listening to program material at high spl since most hearing loss occurs in the high frequencies.

Yes, the RF7s are a very forward, in your face kind of speaker, as are most Klipsch. They are Designed to be that way.If you know anything about Klipsch history, Paul Klipsch invented the K Horn in the 40s to allow everyone to have "big" theater like sound in their homes. Movie theaters from the 30s onward used horn design speakers for their high efficiency and low distortion characteristics and their ability to project sound great distances into an audience. Even back then there was a yearning for what we get to experience today with our multi-channel electronic wonders, and PK tried to fill that void. Amplifiers in those days were all tubes and of very limited power by comparison to modern day SS amps. That is why a lot of Heritage fans prefer tube sound...their speakers were designed for tube sound.

As a company, Klipsch started to really pick up steam when the current "home theater" trend started. Klipsch had been making the right speaker for this application all along.
                                                                        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Q-Man
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Mar 2004

To me the Heritage line of speakers worth having are the Klipschorns, and the LaScalas. The Belles midrange horn is too small and doesn't sound as good. The others arn't bass horns so they arn't worth talking about, direct radiating speakers have no place being paired with horns. Direct radiating speakers like the RF-7's lack the dynamics and clarity of the above mentioned bass horns. I can see how you can say the LaScala lacks fullness, because the basshorn doesn't go as low as the Klipschorn. You need a really good and powerfull sub to blend in with the LaScala. The midrange brightness as you call it, in the Heritage line is more of a harsh and ringing sound coming from the midrange horn. Most of us on the Klipsch Forum take care of that problem by dampening the horn and upgrading the network (crossover). An upgraded pair of networks with Holvand caps, and film and foil inductors can be added to the Klipschorn and LaScala speakers for about $500.00 a pair. This network makes a stock pair of Klipschorns sound like they have a pillow stuffed down the throat of the horn. That proves to you that the midrange wasn't bright at all. The network also makes the basshorn sound more detailed do to second order harmonics.

Klipsch themselfs upgraded the networks in the new Klipschorns, LaScalas, and Belles. I believe they did this in 2003. So if you havn't listened to a new pair of Klipschorns, your in for a treat. I think Klipsch made some of the changes to the new Heritage line because of listening to all the modifications that Klipschorn and LaScala owners were doing to their speakers.

You can take the Klipschorn even farther along by upgrading the midrange driver and horn as well as the tweeter,and network. You actually replace the whole top end and only use the basshorn. This will cost you about $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 more per pair of speakers if you do the mods yourself. I say that when you listen to a sax from this midrange horn that you have to wipe the spit off of your face. The sound is that real.

So to me the RF7s arn't nothing special. Open one up and take a look at the midrange driver. They are a mass market bread and butter type of speaker for Klipsch, but they fill a niche. There arn't too many people like me who are going to use six or more Klipschorns in their home theater system.

I'll say it again, check out the Klipsch Forum. There is a guy on the Forum who makes upgraded networks for the RF7s that I'm told improve the sound of them quite a bit.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Apr 2003
                                                                            • 1204

Originally posted by Q-Man
                                                                            So to me the RF7s arn't nothing special. Open one up and take a look at the midrange driver. .
                                                                            Yes the RF7s are designed to have broader market appeal than most Heritage speakers. You must never have looked at an RF 7, let alone spent any real time listening to them. RF7s are a 2 way design, there is NO midrange driver. This is why it lacks some of the overexaggerated upper midrange that a characteristic of most Heritage. I find that most Heritage die-hards haven't really listened to the newer lines, yet are quick to criticise them. Nothing personal intended, but most Heritage fanatics remind me of someone trying to swim while carring a 20lb rock, it requires a lot of effort. And why won't the person "drop" the rock?..because it's their rock and think owning it will make them something special. The reality is that everone of us who enjoy audio/video ARE special people.

When I purchased my 7 series 2 years ago I had the opportunity to a/b them side by side with LaScalas using the same Aragon amps and program sources. The Scalas were more laid back, bright and a bit harsh, but a much "quicker" speaker when responding to transients. The RF7s were much smoother and forward, easier to listen to, although not quite as articulate. The Scalas reminded me a bit of my RF3s at home while the 7s were a new and more pleasant experience. Considering the price and size premium of the LaScala I had expected a much better speaker, but honestly, it wasn't...it was just..... different. Since most listening experiences are subjective not objective, you may have a different opinion.

Case in point...This past week I set up my recently acquired pair of ChorusIIs sitting right next to my RF7s so that I can a/b them and compare them. In my room which is not acoustically damped, the Chorus IIs, (which are highly touted over on the Klipsch 2 channel Forum) sound real "hollow" by comparison to the RFs. They are way to "critical". Less than perfectly recorded program material is irritating, the bright high end and harsh midrange of the Chorus literally drives some people out of the room. The bass is not as full as the RFs while surprisingly it is also less clear. Both speakers can play equally as loud, but the 1db higher efficiency of the RF makes it sound a bit louder at the same power setting. My wife (who is a concert pianist and singer) much prefers the RF7 sound and the kids and the dog get all nervous and jerky when the Chorus are playing. However, my 79 year old Mom prefers the sound of the Chorus over the RF. In their favor, female vocals do sound very very good on the Chorus as do the quickness of kick drum beats, but male vocalists sound like castrata.

The crossovers of the Chorus II from squaker to woofer are at about 600hz. I came to believe that the squaker can't effectively produce sound below about 2K hz which leaves a hole in the mid bass that is very noticeable. To check out this theory, I did Frequency response sweeps of Chorus with an accurate sound meter, and they show this hole profoundly, the dip is just in excess of 3db between 2500Hz and 500Hz. While sweeps of the RF7s show a slight bump of 0.5 db in and around their 2200hz crossover frequency, and a much more linear response curve overall. This only proves one point, a well designed 2 way speaker CAN outperform an older, lesser 3 way design.

I know I can probably improve the livability of the Chorus IIs to the level of the RFs by modifying them physically and upgrading crossovers, etc., but why bother? To me, it says something is wrong with a product if I have to tinker with it to be able to live with it. I'm a listener, not a tinkerer. My life is too active and busy to spend 2 years tinkering with a speaker to make it sound right. Really, if I wanted to tinker I could also buy a crossover upgrade from DeanG that supposidly improves the articulation of RF7s. Then again if I wanted to tinker, I'd probably build my own speakers like I did many years ago. Now, I just want to plug and play and enjoy. I really think that a lot of people who call audio/video their hobby arn't in it for the joy of listening, but for the tinkering. However, if I want a project, I just go to work! .

P.S. Q-Man...Since you are located so close, I'd like to invite you down to hear what a well executed 7 series surround system sounds like. Perhaps then you may change your mind about RF7s ordinariness.
                                                                            Last edited by DrJRapp; 28 December 2004, 19:56 Tuesday.
                                                                            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• shokhead
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2005
                                                                              • 22

#39
                                                                              Ksw300

Comment

• Q-Man
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Mar 2004
                                                                                • 64

#40
                                                                                If this works this is a picture of my modified Klipschorns.
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• Noddy
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2004
                                                                                  • 36

#41
                                                                                  I'm only new to the site but I think the Klipsch Club would be great; I have rf5's rc7 and rs7's. They are currently powered by a Nad t773 until my Rotel 1056 and 1060 dvd player arrives.

There has been an order with my dealer since the end of August with stock of both Rotel equipment and Klipsch rf speakers, the importer into Oz has both these companies’ licenses so it has been a painfull wait.

Hopefully this week they may arrive but i won't hold my breath. :roll:

Comment

• Youzer
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2004
                                                                                    • 9

#42
                                                                                    Greetings

Hello fellow Klipschonians,

Just wanted to say hello. I am still waiting for the day I can own a HK 7300. I am building my system piece by piece, but at least I have the Klipsch surround set up. I just finsihed my degree and am hoping to land a job somehwere in the midwest or in North Carolina. Once I am in a steady home.....the true audioholic will submerge aka the fun begins.

Just wanted to say hi to my fellow klipsch fans.
                                                                                    Ok, that is it, hope the rest of your week goes well

Youzer

oh yeah, I am really getting sick of reading posts and seeing people bust on the Special K's. But I guess to each his own...sorry for the rant

Comment

• KEN KAZ
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2004
                                                                                      • 44

#43
                                                                                      Any info on Klipch SW-15 Subwoofer?

anyone got anyinfo on a sw-15? how do they sound?

thanks

kaz

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2003
                                                                                        • 1914

#44
                                                                                        Ken,

You'll need to povide people with a little more information - like Brand and what this is (speaker, subwoofer, Cd player etc. For example I have Dali SWA-15 Subwoofers which are fantastic. But SW and 15 are common parts of model numbers for speakers.

<Redundent since now I know I've moved the thread into Club Clipch for you and renamed your post!>

Geoff
                                                                                        Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 06 January 2005, 09:48 Thursday.

Comment

• KEN KAZ
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Oct 2004
                                                                                          • 44

#45
                                                                                          tried to put this in club klipsch....its a old klipsch sub

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"