X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoffi
    • Nov 2005

Shanling CD-Player-any experiences?

I´m interested in a Shanling CD-Player (CD T100, CD T200). Great design and also some very good reviews. Anybody out there with some experience?

Hoffi
    :sn
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

I own a CDT 100C and I think it's a wonderful sounding player, especially after replacing the stock tubes with WE396s. It has smooth highs, a well developed yet not forward midrange an a very solid bottom. It is very clear and high resolution even in standard mode.I think the 24bit 96khz upsampling settings make it a bit too bright for my system.

The Shanling is also a joy to behold. Ear candy and eye candy at the same time.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Hoffi
      • Nov 2005

Thank you Dr.JRapp!
      Yes, it looks really great and I think it offers good value for the price. Can´t decide between the T100 and T200. I heard that it sounds far better than the T100...
      Have the chance to buy a T200 for 1700€. Mmhh-should I?
      :sn

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

You might want to search the archives on the Audio Asylum Digital forum. A number of people posted about having issues getting service when things when wrong with their players.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ThomasW
          You might want to search the archives on the Audio Asylum Digital forum. A number of people posted about having issues getting service when things when wrong with their players.
          I WOULD be very careful if you are overseas. Here in the US Shanling is imported and servied by Music Hall, Inc. (some of the MH brand players are actually shanling). I have also read that the 100 sounds better on redbook CDs than the 200. Go figure!!!!
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"