X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cliffwells
    • Jun 2022

RSP-1582 TFT display turns on/off when there's no audio

Hello,

I just received an upgraded RSP-1582 v02. Everything is working well except for an annoying issue with the TFT display: if there's no audio signal, it turns on every 10 seconds or so, stays on for about 10 seconds, and then turns off again.

- I have the display set to "Temporary all" so that it only turns on for a few seconds while interacting with the unit.
    - I'm not using the HDMI ports on the 1582 and instead am using it solely via HDMI-ARC.
    - I have an Apple TV 4k and an Nvidia Shield TV attached to my LG OLED TV and the problem occurs with both, but I'll just refer to the Apple TV (ATV) for convenience.

This only happens when the ATV is idle (e.g. sitting on the home screen of the ATV, when the screensaver is running, or the homescreen of an app such as YouTube).
    When there's audio there's no problem, the TFT stays off as expected and only comes on if I adjust the volume or change videos/music tracks.

[Update] The Nvidia Shield TV has a setting that turns on "inaudible comfort noise" when there's no audio signal, and this solves the problem for that device, but the ATV has no such feature.
    Last edited by cliffwells; 10 June 2022, 13:22 Friday.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"