X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTM
    • Mar 2022

Seeking opinions on the RSP-1582 Pre/Pro

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member here and I just purchased a factory refurb RSP-1582 V02 (Latest Firmware) and I'd like to hear from other 1582 owner regarding their setup/user experience.

I'm having issues that appear to be HDMI handshake related.

There is a serial switching back and forth between "external audio" and "TV Speakers" that will eventually stop, but it goes on for an extended period of time, at least from my POV.
    My old processor doesn't do this. (Marantz AV7005)

There is an incremental discrepancy between the onscreen volume of the television and the TFT display. Usually about four or so digits.

During the "switching back and forth between TV Speakers/Audio System" issue, there is, at times, a very long-delayed response between changing the volume on the remote and seeing the change on the TV or the system.

Once it starts changing, there is usually an overshoot that I attribute to the lack of immediate user feedback. In other words, you don't know when to let up on the button.

(So you overshoot the intended mark.)

Lastly, the intermittent "muting" issue (the beginning of audio is muted after a brief cessation of dialogue, silence or very low levels of signal) described in another thread is also happening.
    (It's actually how I found this website.)

Since it is a factory refurb unit, I'm concerned that it's not functioning properly.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. TIA!
  • cliffwells
    • Jun 2022

Originally posted by RTM
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member here and I just purchased a factory refurb RSP-1582 V02 (Latest Firmware) and I'd like to hear from other 1582 owner regarding their setup/user experience.

I'm having issues that appear to be HDMI handshake related.

There is a serial switching back and forth between "external audio" and "TV Speakers" that will eventually stop, but it goes on for an extended period of time, at least from my POV.
    My old processor doesn't do this. (Marantz AV7005)

There is an incremental discrepancy between the onscreen volume of the television and the TFT display. Usually about four or so digits.

During the "switching back and forth between TV Speakers/Audio System" issue, there is, at times, a very long-delayed response between changing the volume on the remote and seeing the change on the TV or the system.

Once it starts changing, there is usually an overshoot that I attribute to the lack of immediate user feedback. In other words, you don't know when to let up on the button.

(So you overshoot the intended mark.)

Lastly, the intermittent "muting" issue (the beginning of audio is muted after a brief cessation of dialogue, silence or very low levels of signal) described in another thread is also happening.
    (It's actually how I found this website.)

Since it is a factory refurb unit, I'm concerned that it's not functioning properly.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. TIA!

I'd try a different HDMI cable. I just got the same unit from eBay and had several similar issues that were resolved by swapping out the cable (which had previously worked fine with my Emotiva MC-700)

Comment

• lotones
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cliffwells
      I'd try a different HDMI cable. I just got the same unit from eBay and had several similar issues that were resolved by swapping out the cable (which had previously worked fine with my Emotiva MC-700)
      Yes, and I believe I read somewhere that your HDMI cable can't be longer than 6 meters, or around 19ft. I was using a 20ft HDMI cable and had intermittent issues.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"