Can I use XLR to connect RSP1582 to amp and RCA to connect RSP1582 to sub?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikez
    • Aug 2018

Can I use XLR to connect RSP1582 to amp and RCA to connect RSP1582 to sub?

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm contemplating getting a Rotel RSP 1582 preamp that has XLR outs so that I can connect my preamp to my amp using XLR's (balanced connection). Would it be possible to use RCA (unbalanced) out to connect my sub, a Vandersteen V2W, while at the same time connecting my pre-amp to amp using XLR?

My speakers are Vandersteen 5's and have a highpass filter that goes between the amp and preamp that is XLR.

I've searched and can't get a definitive answer as to whether this would be ok, or do something weird. From what I gather it would be really bad to use both RCA and XLR outs for the same connection.*thanks for your help
  • cliffwells
    • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Mikez
    I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm contemplating getting a Rotel RSP 1582 preamp that has XLR outs so that I can connect my preamp to my amp using XLR's (balanced connection). Would it be possible to use RCA (unbalanced) out to connect my sub, a Vandersteen V2W, while at the same time connecting my pre-amp to amp using XLR?

My speakers are Vandersteen 5's and have a highpass filter that goes between the amp and preamp that is XLR.

I've searched and can't get a definitive answer as to whether this would be ok, or do something weird. From what I gather it would be really bad to use both RCA and XLR outs for the same connection.*thanks for your help
    Absolutely. This is the setup I'm using. 1582 Balanced XLR -> Emotiva amp, 1582 RCA -> powered subwoofer.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"