Rotel RSP-1576 Released

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mglimabr
    • Sep 2010

I like rotel, i have 1572 and had 1570, but the brand is alwYs behind in terms of hdmi... still 1, 2 seconds without sound out? No dolby vision even on 1576?....

Originally posted by Guybrush
    Hi RoMan,
    I don’t use toslink or coaxial, just HDMI. However, when I start a movie, I have to wait a few seconds before hearing any audio.
    This processor cannot pass through Dolby Vision or HDR10+ since it has HDMI 2.0a inputs and outputs and those formats need HDMI 2.0b. This issue cannot be fixed via software, but it would need a hardware upgrade. I hope the guys at ROTEL are listening... You should write them too, as I did.
    Coming to audio, it sounds great, way better than my previous RSP-1069.
    I calibrated it using the internal test tones and an SPL meter. I also used a calibration disc to check if everything was right, and it was.
    Minor flaws are that it can’t decode Dolby Pro Logic and you can’t customize input names (I hope they will fix this in the next software upgrade). One last flaw is that the blue power LED is too bright. ROTEL provides a black sticker to solve this issue, but if you buy the silver version it looks awful.

Comment

• Guybrush
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mglimabr
      I like rotel, i have 1572 and had 1570, but the brand is alwYs behind in terms of hdmi... still 1, 2 seconds without sound out? No dolby vision even on 1576?....
      Well, this 1576 is a great improvement. The lack of sound at the beginning seems improved with the latest firmware, I rarely notice it. For Dolby Vision read my previous message. I think that an upgrade of HDMI would really put this processor on top of its competitors in every aspect. You should write to Rotel about this, if they have many requests they will surely make such an upgrade.

Comment

• usul
        • Nov 2003

Still loving my rsp-1576 [emoji106]

Has a few software bugs, but I have been in contact with support and soon will be resolved... Nice they listen to bug reports and actually try to fix them.. [emoji4]

I can't wait for the dirac hardware/software upgrade later this year... Will put this baby ahead most other processors..

Comment

• chetys
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Guybrush
          Well, this 1576 is a great improvement. The lack of sound at the beginning seems improved with the latest firmware, I rarely notice it. For Dolby Vision read my previous message. I think that an upgrade of HDMI would really put this processor on top of its competitors in every aspect. You should write to Rotel about this, if they have many requests they will surely make such an upgrade.
          Hi GuyBrush,
          I know its been a while but I have a RSP 1572 for movie sound only (all video processing is occuring outside of my rsp 1572).
          Did you resolve using Dolby pro logic II in the 1576? or is it now obsolete?

I have a 7.2 surround system and really want all speakers firing on every movie (i.e DPL II).

Doing my research it doesn't seem worthwhile moving to a 1576 for movie sound only for me (I have separare Hifi for 2 channel).

What is your experience?

Thanks.

Comment

• Guybrush
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chetys
            Hi GuyBrush,
            I know its been a while but I have a RSP 1572 for movie sound only (all video processing is occuring outside of my rsp 1572).
            Did you resolve using Dolby pro logic II in the 1576? or is it now obsolete?

I have a 7.2 surround system and really want all speakers firing on every movie (i.e DPL II).

Doing my research it doesn't seem worthwhile moving to a 1576 for movie sound only for me (I have separare Hifi for 2 channel).

What is your experience?

Thanks.
            Dolby Pro Logic II is obsolete, there is no way to implement it in a modern pre-processor.
            I believe the RSP-1576 is a great improvement if you want to get into Dolby Atmos.
            And also if you want to handle audio and video with the processor, which is mandatory if you want to use a Firestick TV, Chromecast, etcetc...

Comment

• chetys
              • Apr 2022

Thanks.

Comparing movie sound only on a standard format like Dolby TrueHD (i.e NOT Dolby Pro Logic II and not Dolby Atmos) what do you remember about the sound quality of the rsp 1572 vs 1576? are they pretty much the same?

Comment

• Guybrush
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chetys
                Thanks.

Comparing movie sound only on a standard format like Dolby TrueHD (i.e NOT Dolby Pro Logic II and not Dolby Atmos) what do you remember about the sound quality of the rsp 1572 vs 1576? are they pretty much the same?
                I have never heard the RSP-1572 so I can't help you, but I owned the RSP-1069 and the difference with the 1576 was huge, worth every penny.

Comment

• chetys
                  • Apr 2022

Thanks. Sorry I thought you had a 1572 but that was user JDH.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"