X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elhefe
    • May 2011

The End Of M1 Series?

MF have taken down the M1 series from their website. I guess it is now replaced by the MX series.

I was a bit disappointed in the past few months as I realized that the M1 CLiC iOS controller app is no longer available on iTunes. When asked, MF just replied that it is no longer cost effective to continue the support for the app.

MF really needs to think about technology continuity.
    HiFi: ClearAudio Concept TT, Musical Fidelity M6i amp and M6 DAC, M1s (PWR,CDT, CLiC, ViNL), SONY MDSJA20ES MDP, ProAc D18 with full Siltech cabling.

HeadFi: Beyerdynamic T1 and Oppo HA-1

HT: Samsung 65" Curve LED, OPPO BDP 95-EU, Yamaha RX-V2067, PMC twenty 23 front and Centre, Wharfedale WH2, SVS Sub, with full QED cabling
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by elhefe
    MF really needs to think about technology continuity.
    The problem with things like the CliC is companies are either reliant on third parties (in MF case the Stream Unlimited platform) or they have to invest heavily (Auralic say they invested over a million dollars in the Lightning DS platform) with chance of no return on their investment. For companies without deep pockets USB connection to computers such as MacMinis appear to be a more reliable option.

As for the MX range, I hope at some point MF might produce a little pre-amp to couple with the MX DAC.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"