X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Pretty quite in here

I get it, with the departure of B7K years ago how much can we really talk about them anymore right? Well When I heard they where making a comeback, I got all excited. but when I learned they really are not the same company anymore and don't even have preamps coming out yet I was pretty bummed out.

I have such good memories of B&K and the systems I had around those times. From the AvR307 to the AVR507 and all the power amps and preamps I owned and Installed over those years, man thats when I really enjoyed this hobby. It was the best times for me.
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Classe may (or may not) be joining that distinguished list. It's a darn shame to see once venerated companies go through this. Just buying a company's name is dishonest, IMO.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Different category of device but Oppo is also a casualty.

As to Integra, I still make use of my DTR 6.4 in the secondary living room system but it’s 15 years old and has lost some functionality (I can’t use it for MCH as a main front amp died several years ago—now I can only use it in two channel via the All Channel Stereo DSP setting as I wired my pair of speakers to the rear L/R channels). It’s ok, it’s not for critical listening, but it leaves little to talk about.

Newer Integra gear has some interesting features but not easily accessible where I live nor online. Thus my waning interest.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Integra has had it's bumps and bruises over the years with the failure of it's HDMI boards. Since they fixed that issue they have been going strong. They don't make Blu ray players anymore which I feel is a mistake.
        The new Research line is very nice and since I installed one it's been on my mind. It's called the DRX R1.1

I currently have a Sony STRZ5000ES which I picked up in favor or support for Dolby Vision. I had a Pioneer Elite SC-99 which only supported HDR.
        I currently run 4k HDR Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Certainly looks like an interesting flagship AVR. No current plans to upgrade anything for me, though. First kid off to college and I'm still doing a full-time PhD, with a cutback work schedule to accommodate it. Guess I'll have to delay my entry into the 4k immersive world a while longer. But maybe the R1.4 will be available when I can next think about upgrading.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"