B&K is planning on a new Avr and pre for early next year.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

B&K is planning on a new Avr and pre for early next year.

Hello all you B&K fans,
    I got wind that B&K is finally going to be replacing the AVr707 and Ref70. They are working on a new series for early next year. I'm eager to see what they come up with as it's been to long since B&K has powered my system.

Keep your fingers crossed.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hmm, I guess time will tell.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• RedWolf
      • Sep 2007

I also heard from a very very good source that the units will incorporate a much better amplifier section in the receiver than was offered in the avr707. I too am anxious to see what they release.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

I had heard a rumor (from a forgotten source , unfortunately) that ATI built the amplifier sections for the "old" B & K SS amps , among others. Would it now make sense to just buy an ATI amp and spend the money on a high quality pre or processor? ATI amps are pretty decently priced.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

I've been wanting to upgrade my receiver to a new model. The New Pioneer Elite SC-57 is very attractive. But Since I heard about this I have been trying to just wait and see what they come out with.
          I'm also hoping this time finally for some soft muting circuits that meet B&K's sound quality standards. They never wanted to use them as they claim it degrades sound quality with that circuit in place.
          Sound quality and power was never an issue with any B&K ever made. The 202, 305/7,505/7 and 705/7 receivers all sounded wonderful and had ST amps inside with a REF preamp. I know this for a fact as I have been to B&K's warehouses in Buffalo NY and watched them build one from scratch. They where all hand built. Impressive company they where.
          Lets all cross our fingers for a quick arrival to the market with the very best B&K has ever offered and leads the pack for technology and grace.

Comment

• scarpi
            • Jul 2008

Well this is good news. I've got a B&K Ref 30 that is about 10 years old still running my system. It is paired with one of their newer amps, a Ref 200.5 series 2. So I might be interested in their new preamp at some time to pair with my newer amp. :T

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

This is great, hope B & K gets it rocking. They made good gear. Got a little hot, hope they tackle that heat issue.
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

Still no word if B&K is gone or making a comeback. I keep my ear to the ground and around the industry. Un Official word is they are closing shop. I really hope that is not true.

IMO B&K filled a gap between mid level products and extreme high end. They had enough features to fill that need and gave you incredible sound quality at very fair prices. They owned their price points IMO.

I know they stumbled with the economy and HDMI but as good as the engineers and the owners of B&K are( I've met them and was extremely impressed) if anyone can rebound from all of this it's them.

My fingers are crossed.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

If they can't make it back, it really isn't a reflection on them, it's just this economy. I hope they can, we need great competitive choices.
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I would have enjoyed their return as well. I was very satisfied with the product & customer support. As stated above, they filled that "subjective" sweet spot.

I have waited long enough though and about two months ago decided it was time to try something new. B&K will always have a special place with me. I still hope the company can come back.
                    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Dmantis
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jun 2004

They have a very special place with me as well. The news pipeline is still very quiet .

Comment

• Dmantis
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jun 2004

Just reading through some older posts and came across this. I little piece of me died with b&K.
                        If you think about the industry , so many brick and mortar stores are all gone. So many things have changed. Some good, some not so good.
                        I'm still currently rocking my older Pioneer Elite SC-68. I had a full NAD T187 and T977 amp which was pretty fantastic but didn't rival the Pioneer enough to warrant all the extra cost. You gotta consider an external USB Dac and all the Interconnects as well.

B&K was so special to me , I still have a Ref20 and a AVR507s2 just chillin in my basement for memory sake. NO they are not for sale.

Comment

• John Holmes
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

My Ref50 sits boxed in a closet. I've considered selling it several times yet, it's still in the closet.

Comment

• Dmantis
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jun 2004

This October is supposed to be a release of B&K. I'm not holding my breath but IF it happens sign me up. I want to get the new preamp and amp or receiver and really dig in.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"