X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnwarner
    • Feb 2005

Minor annoyance with my C2

This has happened to me twice now in the 8 years that I've had my C2. (Which I love by the way.)
    Probably no big deal, but I'm one of those people who has to understand WHY things happen.
    I was getting my system ready to watch some TV that I had recorded, and since the C2 doesn't handle HDMI, I have to reconfigure my Cox DVR to output digital audio. Fine, no problem.
    When I powered up the C2, I waited for the amps to come on, and I was unpleasantly surprised to only get only the two back channels. Nothing from the front at all.
    I powered it all down, and watched whatever without the benefit of the home theater.
    I thought I would deal with it the next day. (When this happened before, I spent seemingly hours checking and re-checking connections, etc.)
    I then remembered that to remedy it the first time, I simply turned off the power switch on the back of the C2. Waited a couple of seconds, and turned it back on, powered it up, and everything was fine.
    I'm no electronic genius, so can someone, in lawmen's terms, explain this?

Thanks
    Jim
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Arrrrgh, I had posted a reply but it looks like it didn't go through:

Hey, Jim, one thing that you'll want to check is make sure you've got the latest firmware update. There's a sticky thread here in Club Parasound that will help with that. (although not really a need so much anymore for it to be sticky, as people move on from the C1/2/7100 processors)

Even with the current firmware, I think my C1 has also done something like that every 4-5 years or so, and others have reported it too. Like you, have just reset the unit, and it's been fine. I guess they are processors, after all!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"