• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

SSP-800 Settings Locked

Hi all, asking on behalf of a mate.

His kids have been stamping buttons on his SSP-800 remote and now it says "settings locked". Neither of us can find anything to do with this in the manual but I am sure I have read about it somewhere in the past.

Amy ideas?

Cheers

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U
  • 8bitAudio
    • Feb 2012

Google found this:

"If you press menu, then the F keys in reverse order (F4, F3, F2, F1), the setup menu pages lock and only the status button is active. That’s a secret way for an adult who has a child who is old enough to be poking around in the menu settings to deny access. Repeat the procedure (Menu, F4, F3, F2, F1) to unlock."

Or you could email the new classe and ask.

SOUND UNITED NORTH AMERICA
    Phone: +1 877-930-1127
    E-mail: csupport@classeaudio.com

SOUND UNITED UK + IRELAND
    Phone: +44 2890279830
    E-mail: classe_support_UK@soundunited.com

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by 8bitAudio
      Google found this:

"If you press menu, then the F keys in reverse order (F4, F3, F2, F1), the setup menu pages lock and only the status button is active. That’s a secret way for an adult who has a child who is old enough to be poking around in the menu settings to deny access. Repeat the procedure (Menu, F4, F3, F2, F1) to unlock."

Or you could email the new classe and ask.

SOUND UNITED NORTH AMERICA
      Phone: +1 877-930-1127
      E-mail: csupport@classeaudio.com

SOUND UNITED UK + IRELAND
      Phone: +44 2890279830
      E-mail: classe_support_UK@soundunited.com
      Thanks very much, I did try Google before posting but I didn't find anything useful. I knew it was something to do with pressing F keys. I'll pass the info on many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"