X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeTheLion
    • Feb 2009

Amp5 passive bi-amped vs Ca-2300

Hi all,

Would a passive bi-amped Classe Sigma Amp5 be comparable in sound quality and power, to a Ca-2300 (or Ct-2300 for that matter) for stereo purposes?

My speakers are B&W Nautilus 802 r/l and Htm1 for the center and some Polk Audios for the surrounds. I already own an Amp2 and a CAV-180 that are both nice; but I thought the 500W 802s could use an amp upgrade. My pre/pro is a SSP-300 and I am happy with it.

Another -a little more expensive- option would be a Ca (or Ct) 5300.

All options are second hand apart from the Amp5.

I will appreciate any input, as I don't have the option of demoing anything
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Hi, sorry I didn't see this before.

When it comes to passive bi amping I generally nhave the view that the difference it makes is minimal, so if you have the channels sat there then use them. But don't buy an amp especially for the purpose of it. So assuming all the same money go for the 2300. They drive 802s well having had one driving 802D2s in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"