X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noak
    • Feb 2014

Connecting CP-500 to CA-2300

hi all Classe owners,

I've been trying to connect the CP-500 to CA-2300 via CAN-Bus but power amp just doesn't show up. CP-500 software version is 1.4.2. I've tried various Cat 5 cables but none worked.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Do you have the CAN terminator to plug into the out port on the 2300?
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Noak
      • Feb 2014

Hi TomScrut,

I didn't see the CAN terminator in the packaging box of my amp. I should look through the box once again.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Basically its a little plastic piece that looks like it creates a loop in the circuit. It plugs into the out on the amp at the end of the chain (only needed with the amps, on a CD to Preamp chain it isn't needed). If you haven't got it, give Classe a ring they will probably send you one, they did for me here in the UK.
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Noak
          • Feb 2014

Thanks for the useful information. I couldn't find the CAN-Bus terminator, but I did managed to find some information about the said terminator and had built one this afternoon, connecting CAN-HIGH and CAN-LOW via a 120ohms resistor.

Good and bad news though. With the Cat5 cables and my DIY CAN-Bus terminator, connection as per Classe's instructions, I was able to make the global standby function work on both CP-500 and CA-2300, which means the cat5 and CAN-Bus terminator should be fine. However, when I access Menu -> Status -> More, only the CP-500 appeared on the pull down list. I've read both CP-500 and CA-2300 manuals and I believed I had follow the instructions faithfully.

Am I missing something here?

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Noak
            I was able to make the global standby function work on both CP-500 and CA-2300, which means the cat5 and CAN-Bus terminator should be fine. However, when I access Menu -> Status -> More, only the CP-500 appeared on the pull down list.
            Check the firmware in your CA-2300 is up to date. My experience of CANBUS has shown its either the cables, the terminator, or the firmware.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• PanRider
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Noak
              Thanks for the useful information. I couldn't find the CAN-Bus terminator, but I did managed to find some information about the said terminator and had built one this afternoon, connecting CAN-HIGH and CAN-LOW via a 120ohms resistor.

Good and bad news though. With the Cat5 cables and my DIY CAN-Bus terminator, connection as per Classe's instructions, I was able to make the global standby function work on both CP-500 and CA-2300, which means the cat5 and CAN-Bus terminator should be fine. However, when I access Menu -> Status -> More, only the CP-500 appeared on the pull down list. I've read both CP-500 and CA-2300 manuals and I believed I had follow the instructions faithfully.

Am I missing something here?

Hi,

I have purchased the same combo (CP-500 with CA-2300) and I am experiencing the same issues: no amp visible via canbus on CP-500. On/off link through canbus works fine.
              Did you ever get this resolved?

BR,
              Benny

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"