Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • music_lover
    • Apr 2013

Classe CDP-502 replacement unit

Hello, my optical unit from CDP-502 died, a Teac DV-28SL -R93 Manufactured: September 2006. I can't find this unit to buy because it's very old and I want to ask If there is any laptop unit that is direct compatible with this Player ???

I tried a SONY AD-7640A optical unit from my Dell laptop but the player only display a Please wait... message and nothing else. I heard that Classe replaced the TEAC unit with a Sony AD-7800H but you need the kit from Classe that include an adapter because the new Sony unit is mSata not IDE like the Teac one. I don't have a Classe dealer here and I have to fix the player myself.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

You may be able to obtain the adapter kit and any other repair parts you need by contacting the Classé factory.

Comment

• slauten
      • Aug 2011

I found the replacement unit on eBay last year. The model I bought which I think is an exact replacement is TEAC DV-28SL Part# 1977136R-93. I think there was a post on this forum from a member who replaced his, and talked about the exact steps to do it. I own a CDP-502 and a CDP-300. They both use the same CD/DVD unit part#. I paid about $30 for mine on eBay.

Good Luck!

See Ya,
      Steve

Comment

• music_lover
        • Apr 2013

Lucky you, the problem is I can't find it on ebay this year :cry: Can you search for it again and post the link??? ;x(

Are there any optical units that work with the player other than the old TEAC ???

Originally posted by slauten
        I found the replacement unit on eBay last year. The model I bought which I think is an exact replacement is TEAC DV-28SL Part# 1977136R-93. I think there was a post on this forum from a member who replaced his, and talked about the exact steps to do it. I own a CDP-502 and a CDP-300. They both use the same CD/DVD unit part#. I paid about $30 for mine on eBay.

Good Luck!

See Ya,
        Steve
        Last edited by music_lover; 17 April 2013, 00:20 Wednesday.

Comment

• RLRB
          • Oct 2008

Hi, I am demoralized. My cdp 102 has broken (dvd, psu) 5 or 6 times.
          Where can i find sony dvd rom?
          thanks

Comment

• RLRB
            • Oct 2008

classe transport

Originally posted by music_lover
            Hello, my optical unit from CDP-502 died, a Teac DV-28SL -R93 Manufactured: September 2006. I can't find this unit to buy because it's very old and I want to ask If there is any laptop unit that is direct compatible with this Player ???

I tried a SONY AD-7640A optical unit from my Dell laptop but the player only display a Please wait... message and nothing else. I heard that Classe replaced the TEAC unit with a Sony AD-7800H but you need the kit from Classe that include an adapter because the new Sony unit is mSata not IDE like the Teac one. I don't have a Classe dealer here and I have to fix the player myself.

Hello

do you have repaired the cd player? wich transport? sony is discontinued but i can find the adapter.

thanks

Comment

• NKA
              • May 2014

Originally posted by RLRB
              Hello

do you have repaired the cd player? wich transport? sony is discontinued but i can find the adapter.

thanks
              Hi RLRB,

My Classe CDP-102 also need to replace the drive now. Could you help me to find the adapter. And could your adapter work on all SATA drive for my Classe CDP-102?

Thank you

Comment

• planitismetal
                • Dec 2008

Problem with CDP-202... What options I have?
                I have found this one... Will it work?

The child is grown
                The dream is gone...!!!

Comment

• kpodolski
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                  Problem with CDP-202... What options I have?
                  I have found this one... Will it work?

The child is grown
                  The dream is gone...!!!
                  If you can contact them and find out if it is a -93 model then you are good. If it is an older version then it is a crap shoot.

There is an older -83 used on eBay for $15 USD which may be worth the gamble?
                  The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• supermusique
                    • Mar 2018

Hello,

I am new on HTGuide. I am looking for the TEAC DV-28SL-R93 for my Classe CDP-202.

If you have the TEAC DV-28SL-R93 for sale. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Van

Comment

• satelitman
                      • Nov 2017

Thank you all for the help of the mechanics, and now I have two sales
                      Last edited by satelitman; 14 February 2019, 14:13 Thursday.

Comment

• satelitman
                        • Nov 2017

I have for sale Orignal CLASSE OPTICAL MECHANICS suitable for Classet CDP-102/202/502, Classé CDT-300 plus cable reduction original CLASSÉ

If you are interested, please contact - kubalamil@gmail.com

Thank you all, the mechanics are sold
                        Last edited by satelitman; 20 February 2019, 08:13 Wednesday.

Comment

• md0u8142
                          • Dec 2019

Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old thread but came here form google.

I also have the dreaded 'please insert disc' error on my CDP-300 and wondered what I could do to fix it. I can't seem to find the TEAC drive mentioned above anywhere but will keep looking. Does anyone know of the sony one I have read about that could be the replacement, and what sort of adapter I would need?

If I could find the relevant replacement sony drive, what adapter is needed and would any ide to sata one work and fit in the case? I haven't opened mine up yet but does anyone have any photos of when they replaced their drive please and how easy is it to do?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Cheers

Ash

Comment

• nnerbo
                            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by md0u8142
                            Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old thread but came here form google.

I also have the dreaded 'please insert disc' error on my CDP-300 and wondered what I could do to fix it. I can't seem to find the TEAC drive mentioned above anywhere but will keep looking. Does anyone know of the sony one I have read about that could be the replacement, and what sort of adapter I would need?

If I could find the relevant replacement sony drive, what adapter is needed and would any ide to sata one work and fit in the case? I haven't opened mine up yet but does anyone have any photos of when they replaced their drive please and how easy is it to do?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Cheers

Ash

My drive broke in my CDT-300
                            Teac DV-28SL

I have ordered Sony Optiarc AD-7800H-01

and hoping this adapter works with it. I will let you know.

Comment

• kpodolski
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by nnerbo
                              My drive broke in my CDT-300
                              Teac DV-28SL

I have ordered Sony Optiarc AD-7800H-01

and hoping this adapter works with it. I will let you know.

https://www.amazon.com/Addonics-ADSA.../dp/B0002FGEAS

Thanks for the info. I'm sure other CDP-XXX owners will find this helpful.

Please keep us updated!

Comment

• nnerbos
                                • Mar 2020

Weird, couldn't login to old account even with lost password link..

So I received the replacement drive unit off Ebay and it was fine, What I ordered from Amazon was Sata2 and not correct. The new classe drive uses mini sata and as much as I looked, I could not find something to remedy the new drive with existing unit so off back to Amazon was the board and I am keeping the drive as a backup.

I ended up contacting and buying the replacement drive w/ conversion board directly from Classe from 230 shipped. At this point, it's really a no brainer.

The kit a must because Classe sends you a new bracket which has a larger opening then the old to accommodate for the new drive replacement.
                                Classe ships you 2 drive brackets, I believe one of the brackets sent was for another unit with a slightly different drive setup encased in the entire mount assembly.
                                Plug and Play, fired right up. The drive is faster and as much as I am not a fan of the picture of DVD compared to digital media on a 4k display - the sound is absolutely superior then any steaming device using CP-800 on the Dac backend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	865265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	865266Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318.JPG
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	865267Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	865268Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0320.JPG
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	865269

Comment

• nnerbos
                                  • Mar 2020

cont.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0322.JPG
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	865270Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0323.JPG
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	865271Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.JPG
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	865272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0329.JPG
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	865273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331.JPG
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	865274

Thanks Guys.

North America Classe Replacement Unit # 51668011-00 as an Assembly.

Comment

• kpodolski
                                    • Jun 2006

Thanks for the update nnerbos.

$230 is not bad at all. You could never buy for $230 the quality of the Classe player that you have. Enjoy!

Comment

• kpodolski
                                      • Jun 2006

FYI/PSA; if anyone needs a Teac drive there are three available here...

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Teac DVW28SSR93 DVD-RAM Burner at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Update: they are all gone. Ya snooze, ya lose!
                                      Last edited by kpodolski; 25 March 2020, 15:47 Wednesday.

Comment

• kpodolski
                                        • Jun 2006

Another Teach DV-28SL-93 drive is up on ebay. It's a refurb but if you need one beggars cant' be choosers!

Comment

• rozinante
                                          • Jun 2021

Hi, I'm new here, directed by Google. I have a CDP 102 and the drive having all sorts of weird problems, so I contacted the service company in Europe (where I live). They could send me a replacement kit, though a bit more expensive than 230 dollars. The guy warns me that the rubber pylons could be damaged when I try to replace the drive myself. Did you have any difficulty removing them? Thanks!

Comment

• kpodolski
                                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by rozinante
                                            Hi, I'm new here, directed by Google. I have a CDP 102 and the drive having all sorts of weird problems, so I contacted the service company in Europe (where I live). They could send me a replacement kit, though a bit more expensive than 230 dollars. The guy warns me that the rubber pylons could be damaged when I try to replace the drive myself. Did you have any difficulty removing them? Thanks!
                                            You'll be fine. Have you ever worked on a desktop PC? Well, this player is easier.

Comment

• rozinante
                                              • Jun 2021

Thanks a lot! (And sorry for saying this so late, I didn't get a notification that I got a reply.) I tried to remove the old drive and it seemed to work, so I've now ordered the new drive. I hope the new Sony drive works better than the old one!
                                              Last edited by rozinante; 07 July 2021, 10:29 Wednesday.

Comment

• kpodolski
                                                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by rozinante
                                                Thanks a lot! (And sorry for saying this so late, I didn't get a notification that I got a reply.) I tried to remove the old drive and it seemed to work, so I've now ordered the new drive. I hope the new Sony drive works better than the old one!
                                                Any status update?

Comment

• rozinante
                                                  • Jun 2021

Hi, sorry I never get any email notification when I receive a reply... Yes, I replaced the drive and so far it works fine. Thanks for your advice!

Here in Europe it costs more than it does in the US, but still worth it. I'll try to find the Sony drive and maybe keep one or two at home, so that next time (if this one fails; hopefully not...) I won't need to buy the entire kit from Classé again.

Comment

• aarsoe
                                                    • May 2004

Is there anyone that have done the conversion that can tell the name of the slim SATA to Pata adapter? Thinking company name and/or model number. It seems to be very difficult to find any for sale...

Comment

Working...
                                                    😀
                                                    😂
                                                    🥰
                                                    😘
                                                    🤢
                                                    😎
                                                    😞
                                                    😡
                                                    👍
                                                    👎
                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                    Search Result for "|||"