X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Big Software update July 29-31- HTG off the air

Title says it all, this is the big update we've been waiting for.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014

HTGuide is back online now. Here are some changes
    • There is a light and dark theme available. The old themes were no longer compatible with the updated forum software and the Quarto theme is now being used
    • When you access or login to the website there is now https:// which means your connections to the forum are secure
    • Search is now using Sphinx to provide fast searches
    • If you had a logo or image in your signature it was removed and you will have to re-add it. The upgrade required this to be done to get it working. Thank you Steve Manning for testing this out!
    • Blogs have been retired. This forum has been about discussions and therefore we decided to focus on the forum and articles to keep the community talking
    • The forum is running on faster hardware now which should help reduce any latency in your experience using the forum
    • You now have the ability to share posts on facebook or twitter. We know you may not use it, but it's there to make sharing easier now
    • Registration now requires a captcha, and some other workflows require it to. This is to help reduce bot infiltration to HTGuide
    If find something that isn't working how it should or have questions/comments please use the Contact Us link to let us know.
    Painter in training

Comment

• Absinthe
      • Sep 2021

OK, so the logon sequence works much better for the autologon feature of my password manager

buuuuuut

Previously I could quickly go to all the posts with new replies that I hadn't read yet with one click. Now when I click on "New Topics" I get links to posts from as far back as 2016 and have to manually look for the last response date and choose accordingly. Am I missing something here? Is there an easier way to do this?

Comment

• theSven
        Master of None
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Absinthe
        OK, so the logon sequence works much better for the autologon feature of my password manager

buuuuuut

Previously I could quickly go to all the posts with new replies that I hadn't read yet with one click. Now when I click on "New Topics" I get links to posts from as far back as 2016 and have to manually look for the last response date and choose accordingly. Am I missing something here? Is there an easier way to do this?
        Thanks for pointing that out. Today's post was missing, do you see it now? This should have a list of all the posts for today like there was previously...
        Painter in training

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Hey, looking great here. Nice new look. And https too. Something I could never pull off on the old OS because it was so, well, old.

Anyway, just putting it out that I'm retiring as the HTG tech admin, Sven can handle all that stuff now. But of course, Sven, if you need help or advice on anything like keeping spammer scum out, let me know, I might have some insights after doing it for so many years.

One other quick request: can you please reset my user title to the default? I don't need the "I KILL spammers!" in there anymore, and I don't have the privilege to change it myself anymore. Also, you could just set me to be a regular member instead of a moderator. I don't even know which forums I'm a moderator in. haha.

Comment

• theSven
            Master of None
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Kevin P
            Hey, looking great here. Nice new look. And https too. Something I could never pull off on the old OS because it was so, well, old.

Anyway, just putting it out that I'm retiring as the HTG tech admin, Sven can handle all that stuff now. But of course, Sven, if you need help or advice on anything like keeping spammer scum out, let me know, I might have some insights after doing it for so many years.

One other quick request: can you please reset my user title to the default? I don't need the "I KILL spammers!" in there anymore, and I don't have the privilege to change it myself anymore. Also, you could just set me to be a regular member instead of a moderator. I don't even know which forums I'm a moderator in. haha.
            Kevin,

Thank you for all your help as I prepared for the migration. I will get your title updated and change your permissions to regular user. I hope you still stop in to visit when you get time. I will definitely reach out if the spam does not behave. Thank you!
            Painter in training

Comment

• Absinthe
              • Sep 2021

Originally posted by svenarajala

Thanks for pointing that out. Today's post was missing, do you see it now? This should have a list of all the posts for today like there was previously...
              See it, seems to work, thanks!

Comment

• bricy45er
                • Oct 2022

interesting information

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"