X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MathiasJK
    • Jan 2021

New Membere here! From Sweden ;)

Hello Htguide!

I have been a looong time lurker here as I see that the level in the DIY threads are very high and that has gotten me interested in this forum, as in my wiev, diyaudio has some highly knowledgeable people, but many not knowledgeable too and not many interesting threads.

I am in kinda new in DIY audio, only had a streak of it back in 2010-2014 and now since 2017 again, but as i am in the transition from leavin my very destructive and very unhealthy life i lived before, I have unlimited time to spend on the forums reading and picking up knowledge. I see that this is a forum that will suit me, maybe as on others forums, i wont participate too much but i am reading mostly everything when it comes to diy speaker building.

I have built my Elsinores, and use them as my main system, but will be building a threeway soon with 2x Visaton AL170 as bass and Visaton AL130M as mid, with a waveguided tweeter in the near future. Im still decicing in the tweeter but from my point i see the TW030WA12 as the only possible first driver to test. The seas DXT is a bit complicated to use i have seen, and I am going to try to make the crossovers of quite low order, hopefully 12db/otave between mid and tweet with what suits between bass and mid, that will be crossed at the bafflestep. FRequencies in mind is B/M at bafflestep amd M/T at a low 2khz, so to be as far as possible from the break up of the mid. Hopefully this will let me be able to not use a notch filter on mid or bass drivers as these will be my first seriously created crossover.

The box will be made with a detachable front and back panel with an internal width of atleast 220mm as I plan to use a pair of 8" bass drivers later on, and want to experiment with stepped baffles for matching wavefront centres between mid and tweeter. This box with detachable front and back will also let me test completely different drivers setups too, so i see it as a superior idea, as i get the box built my step father whos a furniture carpenter, ie very high quality.

These will be used as tops, crossed at 80 hz. For my sub system, well, thats something that will tell about later on

As you might have guessed i play at loud volume, and almost exclusively electronic music so all speakers i build are meant to be able to play very loud without strain.

I am also planning in building a larger ca 20L stand mount box for easy and fast testing of smaller drivers and their possible matching qualities, mostly for M/T matching as i am only building floorstanders. Stand mounteds doesnt interest me as they take up exactly the same floor space so are in my mind a stupid thing.

well, thas was abit of me and my speaker interest

Will post another post about my other interest, ie high performance tuning of everythiong from 69cc 2strokes to high power beemer turboi conversions. Are currently holding the 3rd place on fastest 69cc scoot at 150m drag at 7,63sec and 121Km/h at end speed. It got 24,5 hp on the bach wheel with variomatic belt drive so somwhere around 30 hp, from 69cc..

Peace, JK
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Welcome! :later: Heck, I've been here for a while and just started putting speaker kits together a couple months ago. Never too late.

Two strokes and drag racing motorcycles hits me where I live (Or did live. Getting old and slow now.)
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• technodanvan
      • Nov 2009

Welcome Mathias! Sounds like you have your fair share of hobbies to keep you busy!
      - Danny

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MathiasJK
        welcome, Mathias!

very interesting stuff your doing with the 2-stroke.
        congrats on the performance achievements.
        i, too, was deep into similar hobby in my younger years.
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I couldn't even keepup! lol. If he were closer, I could possibly sell him some bass drivers for a floor sub system or something. I have 6 drivers unused, 2 12" Shiva, and 4 15 or 16" Tempest. Maybe not latest and greatest, but brand new, but kick butt anyway. I had a sub built at one time for my shivas, and they rocked the foundation, I could not imagine what 4 15" Tempest would do. I don't know that I could never use them here. The neighbors might run me off, and I have space considerations. So, they may go on the block. Local sale better due to weight, but I would consider 4 walls USA sale. (continental US) Someday. I don't know that I have another build in me. My 1 Aerial Acoustic with 1000 watt refurbed factory plate amp blows me away. lol.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"