Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackyflipside
    • Nov 2006

Having trouble figuring out sub port length with enclosure constraints

I'm trying to design a dual ported sub into the base of an entertainment center. I modeled everything in WinISD, but when I reduce the enclosure volume by the port volume, the port length has to change to get the tuning, which changes the enclosure volume again. So I'm stuck in a cat and mouse trying to get enclosure volume right for the tuning.

The size constraints are 10ft x 2ft x 2ft using two Ultimax 18" drivers. Tune to 14hz using two slot ports on either side of the enclosure (22.5" x 3" openings). Figure a slot port like the Full Marty design, and enclosure constructed with 3/4" MDF all around with double layer on the front face, and shelf bracing about every foot.
    -Chris B

;x( DIY
  • carlthess40
    • Jun 2019

Remember that the port does not have to stay inside the box. I’ve seen many sub boxes that have the ports outside the box because they where to long for the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"