Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Carmody's Swope MTM build from India

Hello Everyone

I am new to DIY, after extensive search, I have decided to go for Swope MTM. This is my first build on proven designs. Main reason to decide on this design is because of the parts availability in India. I have collected all major design info's from multiple threads.

Parts Ordered from Diyaudiocart.com

I chose 18 mm HDF material for enclosure, orders 4X4 sheet of same and prepared the cut list too.

Will update some pics tomorrow of the progress.

Looking forward some tips from your experience

Regards
    Jean

I have received the parts in good condition looks cool and cut down the pieces too.
    Last edited by jeanpher; 15 April 2021, 08:09 Thursday. Reason: pics

Comment

Comment

Interesting wood! Any idea why it's all green? Something to do with local trees used to make it?
        - Danny

Comment

Originally posted by technodanvan View Post
          Interesting wood! Any idea why it's all green? Something to do with local trees used to make it?
          Not sure, I think it is to differentiate from MDF(which is reddish brown in color), just for marketing.

Comment

You should have fun with these, I built these twice for others. The matching center channel punches way above it's price point. Did you go for the more expensive tweeter?

Comment

Originally posted by dar47 View Post
              You should have fun with these, I built these twice for others. The matching center channel punches way above it's price point. Did you go for the more expensive tweeter?
              Thank you, For the Center channel I am missing M6N which is currently not available in Indian market. No I went with Dayton audio not the SB's.

Comment

That is exterior MDF. Denser than regular .
                Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Originally posted by PMazz View Post
                  That is exterior MDF. Denser than regular .
                  In here exterior MDF called HDHMR(High Density High Moisture Resistance), this is just HDF, Yes, denser than MDF.

Comment

I too built a set for a friend. You'll love them

Comment

I built a pair of these for my father inlaw and he really enjoys them. It's a great design for a great price!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SwopeMT.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	866008

Comment

Update: Last Sunday, I got some time to put together the one of the enclosure. Without clamps it was very difficult job keep it in place(square) when drilling and screwing. Somehow with my brothers help, I could put it together. Waiting for next Sunday.

Comment

Update: I got some time this week, so I have put together the other enclosure too except the baffle, even I trimmed the edges using the router. it looks like only a minor sanding necessary later.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fi...7&d=1621000748

I have decided to use a double-layer baffle, done the cutout too.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fi...8&d=1621000800

Just the speaker holes to be routed, experts tips to do so are most welcome. The dry fit looks perfect.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fi...9&d=1621000827

There is so much sawdust in my house, So I need to complete this soon before being kicked out of the house.
                          Using a router without proper workplace and gears was a bad idea, should have taken it to a carpenter.

There is heavy continuous rain in our place(Kanyakumari) so there is often power failure, which again slows down my progress. Hope it will be better tomorrow.

So far so good thank you for looking.

Regards
                          Jean
                          Last edited by jeanpher; 14 May 2021, 10:02 Friday. Reason: image missing

Comment

Yeah, I've been there before. Used a router in an apartment once...was not a great experience!
                            - Danny

Comment

Today I had some time to route the holes. I have made some mistakes too like forgot to lock the depth couple of times, Will fix it with wood filler or putty.

Comment

Working...
                              X