Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bugeater75
    • Dec 2016

Bugeater75's Statement II Build

Here is my thread on my Statement II build. I know that there have been a lot of previous Statement build threads that I have read that helped me and answered some of my questions, so I figured I would try to contribute a little if I could. I would like to thank Curt, Jim, and Brian for their work on these and for sharing their design work.

Some background – I am currently running a 5.1 setup with NHT M6 speakers that have served me well for the last 10 years. However, I am planning on moving my HT setup to another room and replace it with either a 2.0 or 2.1 system. I have always wanted full range speakers and have been eyeing the Statements for years. I am a hobbyist woodworker, so the prospect of building the cabinets is appealing to me. The only build aspect that makes me nervous is veneering the cabinets. I have not veneered anything before so any tips or tricks would be appreciated. I am planning on using a 1” round-over on the vertical edges of the front baffle and then used a paper-backed veneer.

So far, I have started cutting the panels. There is not much to see yet, but I have attached a few pictures . I am not sure how long this build will take, but life is pretty hectic right now so I do not anticipate setting any records for quick builds. Thanks for reading and any words of advice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_164705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	872115Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_221528.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	872116
  • jwanck11
    • Jan 2016

Congrats!

My only word of advice is to get your measurements and cuts exact. Once introduced, a 1/16 difference on any "inside" seam" can get out of hand downstream. In this case, measure 3X cut once really applies!

Comment

• theSven
      Master of None
      • Jan 2014

Bugeater75 Did you ever complete this build?
      Painter in training

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"