X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Experimenting with an inexpensive wireless DAC transmitter from NAD

Just got (99$ CDN) a NAD Wireless DAC 2. Very basic addition to my otherwise totally wired setup in a reading room (vintage Yamaha C-45 pre-amp, a universal audio disc player, even a MiniDisc home deck :E , Emotiva 2 channel amp) to stream newly lossless Apple Music service from my work space nearby. Hope to get it all up and running soon. Certainly nothing cutting edge, but will greatly expand my music library in that spot.
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Interesting little device! What sort of distance are you looking at operating this?

Not quite that inexpensive in the states though, I'm seeing it for $250 here.
    - Danny

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by technodanvan
      Interesting little device! What sort of distance are you looking at operating this?

Not quite that inexpensive in the states though, I'm seeing it for $250 here.
      Hmm. It retailed at 199$CDN when new in 2016, but now is usually listed for the 99$ I paid for it (was the main reason I got it). I've got line of sight between the two pieces at about 5-6 feet max, so I fully expect it to work seamlessly from the wireless transmission point of view. Apple Music just went lossless about a month and a half ago, so this will allow me to stream from my laptop or iPad at a minimum of 16/44.1 all the way to 24/96 (some Apple lossless music is listed at 24/192, but I'm not that fussy for this particular setup). Again, not cutting edge, but certainly convenient.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"