X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Playstation Network issue

I have a older Legacy PS3 (The one with the nice black piano gloss) and I cannot log into my playstation Network. Because of this, I can't use Spotify or Netflix. The unit keeps telling me to log into Playstation network first. I can't remember the damn password I used way back in the day.

How do I re-set this to start fresh? If someone knows how, can you explain in clear, bullet form steps please?? Help!!???
    Dan Madden :T
  • oldbob
    • Aug 2016

That has to be frustrating! There is no help line for playstation owners? Can't you re-register, maybe with a different email account and start a new account? That is what I did here at HT forum because it had been so many years that I couldn't remember anything about my original account.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

UPDATE !

It turns out the solution was quite easy. It appears that on the PS3 (and most likely the PS4 as well) is that you can have 5 separate users with their own log in's. All I needed to do was to create a new user with a new email and password and poof !!! I'm logged into the Playstation network and can now stream Spotify and Netflix.

The cool thing about Spotify is that once I logged into that, all my playlists that I have on my mobile device pop up there on my TV screen too. One interesting difference is that on the PS3, I can choose specific songs without Spotify premium, which I cannot do on my phone. The audio goes to my amp via an optical cable from my PS3 and it sounds quite nice!!

Hummmmm........I wonder what Spotify premium would sound like in 'extreme' audio quality??!!
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"