X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simple_audio303
    • Mar 2020

5.2.2 rear on wall height OR 7.2 on wall rear surrounds?[emoji2962]

Guess I'll start with my setup so far and what I plan to do. So far I have a pair of RP6000F's run by a Denon X3500H(7.2 / 5.2.2). I ran audyssey XT32 room calibration. Kept the XT32 room Eq. But disabled the dynamic stuff, dont really need volume control. I planned on getting pair or rp500m for surround but recently considering the bipole rp502s. I also want to get rp500sa for back surround OR rear height OR Front height/atmos, which is my dilemma...

My listening area is 10.5ft(according to audyssey)x13ftx16ft. Couch 4" off back wall and can place side surround on speaker stands 3'-5' max from sides of couch. Right side having a big window, left being more open room.

For best listening experience in a situation where couch is against wall(actually about 4" off wall) 1. Should I use bipole or monopole for side surrounds?
    2. Should I run the rp500sa as surround back (7.2)and little closer to MLP. Or throw them like 8ft above and 4-5ft apart MLP and do height / atmos OR front height (5.2.2) [emoji51][emoji2962] I'm so torn lol. Thanks in advance! -Paul L.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by simple_audio303; 01 March 2020, 16:30 Sunday.
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I'm certainly no expert, but I would probably go with 5.2.2 with monopole surround speakers to the sides.
    - Danny

Comment

• simple_audio303
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by technodanvan
      I'm certainly no expert, but I would probably go with 5.2.2 with monopole surround speakers to the sides.
      Why monopole over bipole, IYO?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"