X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mijotu
    • Nov 2018

Combined Internal and External Biamping

[First, forgive me if I am in the incorrect forum for this, my first question. I will take note if this post is moved such to avoid future errors.]

I have a Pioneer BSX-72TXV as well as an Arcam AVR300 receiver. I am interested in using my Arcam as an external amp for my L-C-R channels, and thought I might even go so far as to combine the Pioneer unit to drive bass on the front speakers, with the Arcam taking HF duties. (This could be the reverse of the desired arrangement; I’m not sure which frequency range would benefit more from the Arcam’s greater dynamic response.)

I don’t have much in the way of testing or equalizing equipment beyond the capabilities of the Pioneer, though I am reading my way through volumes of sound improvement materials. As such, I fear that there may be inherent delays between the HF and LF output that I am at present unable to compensate for.

I wouldn’t have thought to do this approach, but this very arrangement is presented in the Arcam user manual. It does not appear in the Pioneer’s (only the internal biamping option is discussed).

I understand that there are varying opinions regarding the effectiveness of passive biamping. However, it does feel intuitive that separate amps would provide some benefit regarding SPL and headroom. (I am quite open to any discussion to the contrary — worse case is I use the Arcam to drive the fronts directly.)

I look forward to learning from your replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"