Bi Amping with Yamaha RX-V781 (TSR 7810)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scary
    • Jul 2016

Bi Amping with Yamaha RX-V781 (TSR 7810)

Newbee question:
    I have a 5.2 system, and I see that I can 'bi amp' to my front towers with the unused surround channels. It looks like they want me to run the speaker cables from the unused channels of the receiver to my towers, but unless I just piggy back the connections, I don't have a way to hook it up. The towers are conventional 3 ways, with just a P and N connection. Is it OK to run the outputs of the unused surround channels to my speakers that way? I hope so, because those towers are the least efficient speakers in the mix, and it would be nice to boost the power to them. I already configured the receiver to operate in the bi amp mode, just hesitant to connect the cables. What should I do?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No, you will most likely blow something up. Your speakers are not capable of being bi-amp. Aside from modifying the crossovers, not much to do.

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Bi-amping from the same amp/ AVR is a total waste of time and effort.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"