X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

Need a Sound Bar for 300.00

I am looking for a sound bar for around 300.00 for my Son In Law. He is in a place where this is the only option while his nice 5-1 set up sits in the garage:M
    There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

He just has a 9 month old and has baby proofed the house. He will be putting his nice 5-1 system back in a year or so. Thats why along with a new baby he does not want to spend much money right now.
    There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Check out

This Vizo at Costco on sale for $149.

I didn't get a chance to listen to this but was considering it as I like the flat design, and I recall seeing that it can withstand the weight of a TV. I think it was rated at 55 lbs.

Or

This Yamaha ATS-1050BL Bluetooth Soundbar. I got it at Costco when it was on sale. It is now $189.99.

Spec wise, the Yamaha is rated at 55Hz to 160Hz for the sub and 4kHz to 23Khz for the tweeter section, per the manual. Hmm, if I had checked the manual before purchasing, I might have gone with the Vizo. There's a pretty big hole in the frequency response. But for my purposes, using in the bedroom, it works pretty good. It did go pretty loud at the store and when I hooked it up in the living room.

The Vizo specs show a 55Hz to 19kHz.

These are both one piece sound bars. No separate subwoofer to connect and for kids to get tangled up. You can wall mount the Yamaha.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"