Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fixew
    • Jul 2022

mach1 4024

would anyone have the designs for a mach1 series (4024) speaker cabinet? as usual google is a bastion of flowing mis-information. what i'm intending on doing is building a close as possible duplication of the 70s series 4024s, the 4024a's and later were to imho were junk..these were comparable to my cerwin vega's.
    fun fact: I worked at rockford Fosgate in Grand Rapids Michigan for quite awhile...even more fun fact....the speaker designs were attributed to cerwin vega!! i bout fell out when i was showed the original designs for the sub woofer line with cerwin vega as the design blue print...anyhow..help would be greatly appreciated!
    alaskan dude
  • chrisn
    • Sep 2007

I've never seen any, but this shows the outside dimensions (page 48) : https://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/f...k_catalog.html Probably 5/8 or 3/4" particle board under the Walnut veneer, mitered corners, maybe a brace somewhere in the middle. Parts Express sells a replacement woofer specifically for the Mach One.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1976_Radioshack_magazine_p48.png
Views:	90
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	930855
    Last edited by theSven; 26 March 2023, 17:54 Sunday. Reason: Add image from catalog

Comment

• Absinthe
      • Sep 2021

Back in the early 80s I worked for Tandy Co and we used to crank up the Mach 1's pretty much every night while we closed up the store. Looking back, those were nostalgic times, and the Mach 1's gave me what I thought I wanted in a loudspeaker. Now, not so much. Here are some links:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mach1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	930856

Attached Files
      Last edited by theSven; 26 March 2023, 17:59 Sunday. Reason: Add image and attache PDF

Comment

• theSven
        Master of None
        • Jan 2014

I loved Cerwin Vega's in High school for car subs and was always pro Cerwin compared to the Rockford group. Funny I didn't even know RF was in Grand Rapids! I grew up 2 hours North of there, but now spend all my time up in the Escanaba area.
        Painter in training

Comment

• Absinthe
          • Sep 2021

Originally posted by svenarajala
          I loved Cerwin Vega's in High school for car subs and was always pro Cerwin compared to the Rockford group. Funny I didn't even know RF was in Grand Rapids! I grew up 2 hours North of there, but now spend all my time up in the Escanaba area.
          ????? Rockford Fosgate is in Tempe Arizona

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"