X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

NPR Book review, book I recommend.

OK this is a bit off topic, but after the last year, very relevant. This book review by NPR gives a good summary of the gist of the non-fiction book by Michael Lewis.

In a new book, author Michael Lewis writes about public health officers who tried to get others to look at the data on COVID-19 and act to make sure the virus didn't spread.

I bought this for my iPad, and read it through very quickly, because it was hard to put down. I did a lot of research into what was going on last year in the March-May time frame, and this backs up a lot of my discoveries (British Imperial College, for example) and conclusions. So naturally I like the book. OTOH, it also tells a behind the scenes story of some very talented researchers and health administration people in the US that truly had to fight uphill battles in order to be heard.

Highly recommended.

Hopefully the last time I'll be compelled to go this far off topic.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • shame302
    • Apr 2008

I'm joing to leave this here as complimentary.

Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"