X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 123Toid
    • Mar 2017

How to Design a Crossover from Scratch

For years, I wanted to design my own speakers, but didn't understand the intricacies that went into it. For all I knew, you bought a 2500 hz crossover from parts express, picked a woofer and tweeter that looked cool and went at it. It wasn't until i really got into DIY speaker building that I understood how wrong I was. Thankfully, Jeff Bagby came up with a great free to use program that can help us all out. My goal here is to help the DIY community along by helping teach the program to the best of my abilities. If anyone has any suggestions or questions, let me know, I'll see if I can help. Since, I personally am a visual learner, I'm creating a video tutorial series on this program. The first one, I just completed which shows you how to import FRD and ZMA files, as well as where to locate them. And how to use SPL Copy, if all else fails. I also help troubleshoot if your frd files are not importing properly. Here are the programs you will need:

Passive Crossver Designer: Jeff Bagby's Software Page

SPL Copy:
    SPL Copy - Speaker Frequency Response Automatic Trace Tool

Here's a link to a playlist which contains all the videos in the series:

I currently have 6 videos in the series, I hope you enjoy and learn something. Please let me know if there is something else you want to learn. I'll try to post it when I can.
    Last edited by 123Toid; 14 August 2017, 16:03 Monday.
    Check out my YouTube Channel on DIY Speakers
    Instagram
  • Moejoe
    • Nov 2016

Nice work dude, looks great.

I'll be having a good read through before the next project, thanks

Comment

• 123Toid
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Moejoe
      Nice work dude, looks great.

I'll be having a good read through before the next project, thanks
      You're Welcome. I hope it comes into good use for you!
      Instagram

Comment

• TheWaveCarver
        • Apr 2016

I've used the program a bit... its really nice to be able to verify that I was using it correctly. Very thorough series as this program has a steep learning curve for anyone *just* getting into loudspeaker design. Helping a lot of people out, including me. Thanks!

Comment

• 123Toid
          • Mar 2017

You are Welcome. I am glad you guys are getting use out of it. I have almost completed this series. I may do one more video on Phase if people are interested. Unless there is something that people really want to learn that I have not gone over yet. Just let me know if there is
          Instagram

Comment

• 123Toid
            • Mar 2017

Since some of you were getting some help from these. I did another video about Phase. This will help you design a crossover by keeping the speakers in phase tot ry to avoid cancellation waves. I hope you like it.
            Instagram

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"