X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audion
    • Mar 2017

Crossover frequency and slope for Hi Vi M6N

Hi All,

Like many audio hobbyists, I’ve been reading this forum for some time. I’m thankful for the generosity and knowledge that is shared here.

I have some Polk RT7 bookshelves that I’m rebuilding into a 3-way (over time, the spiders on the midbasses come unglued from the frame). I’m going to use the Hi Vi M6N midbass for the lows, the SB Acoustics SB13PFC25-8 as a mid, and the Hi Vi K1 tweeter. Some economical, but high value propositions.

I’d like to use a LR2 crossover for the M6N. I’d like to cross over low enough to ensure that the baffle step region is confined to the range covered by the M6N. Naturally, the crossover must be low enough and steep enough to avoid any cone breakup of the metal M6N.

The baffle step region would be centered around 480 Hz, as the baffle is 9.5 inches wide.
    Does a crossover point of 800 Hz seem reasonable; is 1 Khz better?

Many Thanks,

Shawn

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BYBH3M.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	935783
    Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 21:49 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"