X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wigginjs
    • Jan 2008

Home Theater Project w/ DIY In-wall 8945P speakers and IB subwoofer

A gallery for anyone interested. Check out the whole gallery. The in-wall uses the Peerless 810921 and Usher 8945P. The IB drivers are DIYCable.com DPL-15. Panasonic AE4000U projector.

Last edited by ThomasW; 23 December 2009, 20:11 Wednesday.
    The Four Chairs
    DIY Home Theater
  • numberoneoppa
    • Sep 2009

Looks nice but how does it sound? =)
    -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Winter
      • Nov 2007

Very good work. Can you give us more details, including their performance? You appear to have 3 front speakers (Peerless 810921 and Usher 8945P). two ceiling ports with two IB woofers each (DPL15), two ceiling ports using 8 inch coaxials with 1 inch dome tweeters (Aim 8 One by Speakercraft), and two side dipole speakers (Aim Dipole One by Speakercraft). I definitely agree with the acoustical absorption panels on the side walls near the left and right front speakers.

Comment

• wigginjs
        • Jan 2008

Well, I know it's cliche, but best I've heard. That isn't really saying a lot, however. I wouldn't say I've heard a lot of really high-end stuff. The front speakers have really great clarity. Most speakers I've heard tend to fall apart when you listen to rock music and turn it up. They don't retain their clarity and distinction and it seems like everything blends together. Vocals get harder to understand, etc. This is the first pair of speakers that I've owned where this is not the case, even with complex music or rock the vocals remain clear along with everything else. The IB subwoofer is a whole new level. To be honest, it's way more that I need. I've got my receiver set to -12dB for the sub. It's flat to 10Hz (I'm using a Behringer Feeback Destroyer Pro for EQ). The left and right speakers are too close to the sidewalls (18in.) due to room dimension constraints. I've mitigated this with the thick damping panels and Audessey room correction. Both made a noticable difference. The projector is fantastic. The surrounds do their job. My opinion of surrounds is that they need to be there, go to at least 80Hz, and be reasonably clear, but no more. I just don't think high quality surrounds are noticeable. That's about all I can think of. Questions?
        The Four Chairs
        DIY Home Theater

Comment

• evilskillit
          • Oct 2008

Awww you got some of the last DPL-15s. I really wanted to get a 4 pack of those sometime sooner or later but by the time I have the cash they'll all be gone and I'll probably have to look at something more expensive. Well enjoy them. I know I would have.

Comment

• wigginjs
            • Jan 2008

Oh, the cream rectangles on the wall are acoustic panels I made out of 4" "rockwool" and covered with fabric. They made a pretty audible difference.
            The Four Chairs
            DIY Home Theater

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"